Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Latest Obsession

Vintage Inspired Paris Postage Digital Collage

$16.50

I don't know about you...but I know for me that whenever I find something new that sparks my interest, I become obsessed! It was only about 2 years ago that I was first introduced to altered art. I couldn't stop finding out all I could about it. I would borrow tons of books and magazines about (such as Somerset Studio & Cloth, Paper Scissors).
Then one day I did a search for Altered Art on eBay...just for fun...and realized there was tons of it! I was forever hooked. My obsession even became burdensome at some points. I didn't want to leave home. I just wanted to stay in my little "studio" and cut papers and images, find & combine random objects, paint and mod podge everything! I began making small collages and moved into altered board books. I also discovered ATC's and become obsessed creating those too! Eventually I discovered Paper Bag Albums and fabric books and become obsessed creating these also.

Being part of the art world, I am constantly trying to find new and innovative ideas to incorporate into my art...so when I got Photoshop, a new obsession was born! I discovered .png files, layering, filters, styles and so much more! I found that I could translate all of my collage ideas into digital formats...and leave no mess behind! Now, I sit down to my computer and "cut and paste" images and graphics that I love together, while adding various textures, shadows, and fonts. I love the seamless look these new "collages" have and love creating something without having to spend hours the next day cleaning up my work area!


Remember Me Digital Collage Print

$16.50

Don't get me wrong...I will never part from creating collages & mixed-media pieces using the "old" method. It was my first introduction into the Altered Art world and will forever be within me.

But for now, I am enjoying this latest obsession and hope you will too as I share my work! Be sure to stop by my website to see more of my digital creations...and if you prefer the "old-fashioned" kind...no worries...I have lots of that available too!

No comments: