Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mom's Antiques n' Things...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A lovely mother from an era gone by...


Every since I was a little girl, I rememer getting so excited to go to flea markets and sales with my mother. She always likes to tell how when my younger sister and I would go with her, no matter how many brand new, in the package dolls/stuffed animals there were there, we always chose the oldest, rattiest ones to take home. She would try to coax us into getting the newer...cleaner...dolls, but my sister and I knew they would soon find good homes. The others, however, the outcasts, the misfits, if you will, may not. We HAD to rescue them!!!

Things haven't changed much these days, except for the twenty or so years that have gone by, and few (very few mind you!) inches taller I have grown. I am still always seeking out the oldest, chippiest, most worn and loved items to bring home. These are the real treasures to me. I am so thankful for those early memories about my trips to sales with my mom. They help to remind me of the simple pleasures we can find in life, and how, for me, it's not the newest, fastest, biggest, shiniest things that will bring joy. It's the things with a past, with a story to tell...with each chip, crack, or blemish...a lifetime of memories are held.

While browsing my mother's eBay store tonight, I found some delightful treasures...all with wonderful pasts I am sure! Each has a story of its own, which can continue to be carried out in yours if you so choose it! Take a stroll down memory lane with some of these beauties...


Antique China Head Doll 24" Marked B & D "AS FOUND"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Vintage Print Children Reflections Paper Mache Frame
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Vintage Porcelain Toothpick Holder Romantic Couple HP
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Chicago World's Fair 1893 Youth Companion Ephemera
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
4 Vintage Individual Creamers Blue Urn Swag Restaurant:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Vintage Porcelain Creamer HP Roses Embossed Gold AS IS

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Vintage Porcelain Pink Elephant Salt & Pepper Shakers
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And my absolute favorite...this shabby n' so chic creamer!!! (Which I am **hoping** she will find in her Big Big heart to give me! ;)

Vintage Shabby Pink Roses Porcelain Sugar Bowl HP
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Be sure to check out my mom's website (I designed it!), and sign her guestbook to let her know your thoughts!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Alice I adore your blog!!!! Your sentiments are so lovely, I'm going to check out your mom's website, the site design you did looks fab from the peek I have already had! You have such a fabulous sense of style and an eye for what I also think is totally beautiful!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

What a sweet post...and I couldn't agree more! I am definatly heading to your Mom's store after I finish reading here!!

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful childhood, off with mom to all the flea markets, and I think it's wonderful that you stayed with it.