Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Romantic Living Room Redo

I don't know about you, but after a few months of a certain set-up, I get bored with my decorating. Much to the chagrin of my husband these whims typically come after 9:00 pm...so moving furniture is usually left to little ole' me. I don't mind, however, as I find there is something peaceful and refreshing about rearranging your environment from time to time. I love those "ah ha" moments when you realize, I can't believe I didn't put that there all along! What was I thinking!

Recently my home (an upstairs one-bedroom apartment for the time being), has been going through a huge "romantic" transformation. Wood is being painted white and pale pink, already painted furniture is being sanded and aged even more than it already was, chandelier cords are being covered in lovely satin fabric, lamp shades are being embellished with flowers, buttons, fabric and brooches, tables are being covered with layers of vintage linens and so on.

I thought I would share this transformation with my readers, because I know how much I personally enjoy sneaking a peek at my fellow "cottage" lovers' homes. I began with my living room, which is shared below...both before and after. Enjoy! I will post other rooms as they are photographed. Please feel free to let me know what you think!

Living Room/Dining Room Area Before:


Living Room After:

Stay tuned for more of my transformation!

13 comments:

Speedmaster said...

Wow, great pics!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Wow!!!!! Your living room and dining room look SO pretty! I was thinking that the before pics looked so gorgeous but oh you have been a busy bee haven't you?? Everything looks so beautiful!!!

I have been doing somewhat of the same thing too! We have a similar set up for our house where the dining and living rooms are open to each other. It can be somewhat of a challenge sometimes. I just LOVE your couch! Everything looks soooo fabulous! It is nice to peek inside your world!

xo Heather

Whimsy Pink said...

I love decorating too! You did a great job! Looks so cozy and pretty!

Jennifer Froh said...

Your home is so serene and pretty! I'm absolutey in LOVE with your sofa!!! It's gorgeous!!! The before's were just as beautiful as the afters! :) You've done a wonderful job!!!

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Hi Alice,
Its nice to meet you - I just welcomed you at Make Mine pink!! Your house is just beautiful - you have a real eye for design!! I would like my whole house to be in the shabby cottage style, but so far I've only got my bedroom and bath - slowly but surely!

Amy

Natasha Burns said...

I just LOVE it!!! Both the before and the after are gorgeous!!!! I can't pick a favourite. Your home is so comfortable, warm and inviting, it's just perfect!

The Rose Cottage said...

Breathtaking!!!

Bethany said...

Oh wow!! Alice, I had NO idea you lived in gorgeous land!!!! Soooo beautiful...oh wow! I LOOOVVE your sofa and the new wall color, too. :)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Wow !!! Your room is just gorgeous ! I can't wait to see more ~

Diana at Chloe's Chic Boutique said...

I love the way you have decorated. You certainly have a talent for knowing what to put where...It all looks so pretty!

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow, your home is so beautiful! It should be in a magazine!

NAME: CIELO said...

Ohmygoodness! I love it I love it I love it! Alice, your cottage is deliciously cozy, pretty, femenine and very elegant at the same! what a nice place to ennjoy and just be you.... I could only wish your photos could be enlarged, so we can appreciate better everything in the room.

Thanks for sharing your lovely dwelling place with us.

Cielo

NAME: CIELO said...

Hey Alice, I guess this is an older post... I just happened to see it now, and fell totally in love with it....

:)

Cielo