Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Our First Anniversary!


Mr. & Mrs. Joshua Wingerden Oct. 1st, 2006
Today, Joshua and I celebrated our one-year anniversary!!! I had no idea what it would feel like...a birthday? Christmas? Just any other day? And it turned out to be completely different than any of the above. It was simply...our day.
We both had usual days of working...him at his job, me on my website & graphic designs. We would call each other throughout the day trying to think of what we should do in the evening. Finally, it came to me. It has been such beautiful weather here (very unusual for Western New York!), so I thought it would be fun to do something outside.
We decided to have a picnic at a Mendon Ponds, a local park filled with ponds, trees, deer, and secluded areas perfect for a romantic picnic for two (plus their dog!).
I covered the picnic table with a beautiful table cloth and decorated it with candles, flowers, and vintage china...I can't resist going all out...even for picnics! All our food was purchased from Wegman's...so no I didn't make any of it...hehe...not one of my strengths! But we enjoyed blush wine, cheese, bread, grapes, chicken Caesar baguette sandwiches, pasta salad, and sweet n' spicy chicken wings. We even got Renoir a "gourmet" Filet Mignon meal to enjoy! We finished our evening off with delicious Old Fashioned chocolate chip cookies.
We came home and fell into our usual routine...watching TV on the couch and taking turns with the computer ;). It was a simple day. Just us. Just doing what we normally do. But it was beautiful. And I can't wait to have so many more!

7 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Happy Anniversary Alice!!! OH WOW you did all that in a park! How amazing!!!!!

suzy said...

It so nice to see that there is still romantic people out there. It looks like you had real fun, enjoy and cherish your love very selfish.

Roxie said...

There is nothing quite like romance. Thank you for sharing your very intimate date with us, the readers. I've enjoyed spending time here at your blog and must go read some more. Happy Anniversary, and I wish you two many many more.

Anonymous said...

so precious.
you two are truely blessed.
love you.
danielle.

Bethany said...

Alice,
What a beautiful way to celebrate your love! How very elegant and romantic!!! Wow, congrats on the big 1 year anniversary...may God bless you both with many more happy healthy years to celebrate :)

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Wow!! Happy Anniversary!!! That is just so beautiful and romantic... I bet you guys had such a nice time!

cooking isn't one of my strong points either... I am 33 and my husband is hoping I may turn into his Grandma someday??? lol!

xo Heather

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Ohhh how romantic ! I just love that you took the time and effort to set up such a lovely dinner ~