Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

New Vignette of the Moment!! ...and ramblings about getting into "the Holiday Spirit"...

Vignette of the Moment: December 7th, 2007

I know you will love this "moment's" vignette from the home of Cheryl Bond! Be sure to head on over to our Romantic Vignettes feature to see the larger photos and read details about Cheryl's out of the ordinary tea cup display! Here is a preview to whet your palette:

Our next vignette will feature a holiday display in our very own home! Look for that one in about 2 weeks!



Turning to the holiday season now...
So, I have to admit...lately I haven't been much in the "holiday spirit." I have had many dealings lately with irate or angry people....who are upset with me. The problem started about a month back when I started receiving emails from people, asking why I didn't write them back or contact them in regards to this or that. The problem, however, was that I had contacted all of these people. I have been dumbfounded for the last month as to why so many people were angry with me and telling me that I wasn't writing them (I really am not that kind of person at all!!! I check my email about every 5 minutes and right back as soon as I get a new one!) Anyways...to make a long, aggravating story short, I finally realized, (this morning!), that Yahoo blocks many of the emails I send (and ALL emails that I forward or add attachments to). They don't even make it to the spam folder!!! They just never get there! I looked through old emails to see if this could be the cause...and everyone who has been upset with me over the last month has a yahoo account!
I learned about the Yahoo problem from support members at Merchant Mom's (my web host) and am so thankful to them for helping me solve this mystery! I did a little investigating of my own as well...and read through the fine print of Yahoo's Terms of Service that people are required to "read" before signing up. There is a statement within it that says they reserve the right to block any content they feel necessary. I only wish I had known a month ago!!! Would have saved me a lot of stress and tears...

So anyways...now that I have vented...I will share some more uplifting news...I recently participated in two swaps and received my packages just this week. (I will post a separate blog about these later, when I get photos taken of all my gifts!). But I just want to say now, a GIGANTIC THANK YOU TO MARY ANN AND SHANNON! You both lifted my spirits during this dreary time! They are both the sweetest women and talented beyond belief! I really can't wait to share my lovely new Christmas goodies here...

To keep myself busy (and my mind off all the chaos of my email woes) over the last couple of weeks, I have been quite a busy bee creating lots of Christmas decorations for my home and shop. Even though I was feeling that the world wasn't that great of a place, I could at least make my home a beautiful and loving place. And finally today I looked around at my lovely Christmas decor and felt it...you know...the feeling...that it's Christmas time...and I had peace within my heart. I don't know what the next few weeks hold for me in regards to dealings with other people, but I am going to sincerely try to keep the spirit alive...in spite of my circumstances. I truly am a blessed individual with a loving family and a great connection of friends here. I thank all of you who have been so kind to me over the months...it means the world to me.
Handmade Eyelet Christmas Tree (available soon!)
Shabby Pink Rose Tussie Mussie (available soon!)
"A Merry Pink Christmas" Greeting Cards (available soon!)
All of the items shown above are (or will be very soon) available on my website!

I hope you are all enjoying the season and getting into the holiday spirit!

2 comments:

NAME: CIELO said...

Hi Alice... everything is so perfect. I love to come here. Thank you for sharing precious moments of beauty with all of us.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Cielo

~cozy.chic.cottage~ said...

oh you poor thing! that stinks about the yahoo thing, I can't imagine how stressful that must have been! It seems that when it rains it pours, when it comes to unhappy customers for whatever reason :( At least you got to the root of the problem finally.

I'm going to submit some vignette photos to you soon, too...just got to get around to taking them! LOL

chin up darlin, your creations are just beautiful as always!

~Jill