Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

What I LOVE About My Holiday Home - Part I

I'm sooo late to Karla's "What Do You Love About Your Holiday Home" Party...but I hope you have a good time here anyways!!! Come in...relax...and take a look around...there will be LOTS to see! So much...that I didn't even have time to photograph it all today! I will post the rest (including our TREE) tomorrow! We just moved into this home right before Christmas, and are actually still unpacking and settling in...so it was a challenge decorating for Christmas...but we wouldn't have missed it for anything! I hope you enjoy viewing what I love about my holiday home!
Our entry way has been "winterized"!
Ornaments waiting to go on our "White (Concelor) Fir":
Dresser in our dining room with lots of aqua and pink Christmas touches:
The beautiful stocking was made for me by Mary Ann!
A stack of cards ready to be shipped out:
I decorated with vintage Christmas postcards all over:

ATC & card made by Mary Ann!
The most adorable bell from Shannon!
I have vintage candles in every window!
I found these vintage balls at a church sale and absolutely love them!
A side table with a cute wreath from Mary Ann!

Some of my favorite things to do in my "holiday home" when it is wayyyy too cold to go anywhere:
  • Listen to Sarah McLachlan's "Wintersong "(now playing here!) and Shawn Colvin's "Holiday Songs and Lullabies"
  • Drink lots of coffee with warm treats like cranberry bread!
  • Watch my favorite Christmas movies or movies that remind me of Christmas: It's a Wonderful Life, Prancer, Miracle on 34th Street, Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Grinch, and Little Women
  • Wrap up presents in unique and different ways...adding lots of pretty embellishments
  • watch the snow fall outside


Come back tomorrow if you would like to see our tree, more vignettes, and all the other Christmas touches!!!

20 comments:

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Hiya Alice...WOW whats not to love about your home ! I called my hubby in to see your pics too and he agreed it all looks great. I love your sense of style, its so romantic.
Wish i could come to your place, we could watch Charlie Browns Christmas ! LOL.
Oooh and the vintage postcards,,,ADORABLE, love them soooo much.
love it all !

Hugs,
Shann :)

Natasha Burns said...

Love what you've done so far Alice! You have a wonderful eye for decorating!

Shana said...

Your Holiday Home is so darling. Thanks for letting us visit this holiday season. Can't wait to see your tree. :)

The Feathered Nest said...

I LOVE her Wintersong CD! I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your home is! I love the vanilla tones and peacefulness of everything you do....the vintage ornaments really do have a patina that cannot be duplicated! xxoo, Dawn

Barbara H. said...

I didn't post mine until late last night, either. :-)

Everything looks lovely!!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Miss Sandy said...

Lucious! Romantic! Etherial! I love your style! Your home is so invitingly beautiful. I'll be back when I can visit longer. Thank you for a peek into your home. Merry Christmas, Miss Sandy

Sweet Roses & Vintage Chique said...

Wow!!! It all looks gorgeous!!! I love the look of your blog and your amazing eye for detail and pictures! I will definitely will be back for more... I think I'm hooked on your blog now!

Happy Holiday greetings from the Netherlands!!!

miss gracie's house said...

I love your vintage touches~it works so well with the whites...
Merry Christmas!
rene'

www.angelinascards.com said...

I love it all! very beautiful. Merry Christmas,Angelina

Alison Gibbs said...

Thanks for sharing your christmas decor with us.
It looks beautiful. love the vintage white baubles.
Alison

Sweet Remembrance said...

Wow...
Absolutely stunning!
I love every aspect of your home & Holiday decor.
Happy Holidays...
Priscilla

Scrappy Jessi said...

so lovely!!!
i was additicted to this albumn last year! i must have listened to this song a 1000 times! and i still adore it.
thanks for sharing!
jessi

The Rose Room said...

Your house looks so pretty and peaceful - Merry Christmas and Blessings - Rachael:)

NAME: CIELO said...

Ah... what can I say????
Totally lovely. Everything is so perfect! I love to come her.

Enjoy the Season

Cielo

She'sSewPretty said...

You have a beautiful blog and a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing your home today!

Adeline's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow! It's all just SO gorgeous!!
:)brittany

mary ann said...

everything looks simply divine alice! i'm tickled that you included the goodies i sent you in your holiday decorating!

merry christmas & see you at tea time!

xo mary ann

Kerryanne English said...

Hi Alice,
How pretty your Christmas home looks. I love that song by Sarah McLauchlan too. It just so perfectly matched the mood of your photos.
Can't wait to see more of your holiday decorating.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Lilla Blanka said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful pictures, I love everything!!!
Mia

Secondhandrose said...

Thank you for sharing your house pics and that is a lovely song, so beautiful.
Karen