Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A new vignette...and a new name!


A new vignette was just posted! It comes from the home of the very romantic and talented Kimberly Ryan! Be sure to stop by to take a look:
And...in other news...I have chosen the new name for my website (scroll to older posts if you don't know what I am talking about ;). After taking very careful consideration of everyone's comments and opinions, as well as having several lengthy conversations with my husband (of which I am sure he thought could have been much shorter!!!)...it basically just came down to my gut instinct.
Even though it was the least favorite on the recent poll here...Painted White...will become the new name for my business. I am in love with the simple elegance that this name represents. And the most important part is--that, it is me. Everyone who knows me...knows I love all things white. Whenever I get a new piece of furniture, the first thing my family and friends always ask is, "Are you going to paint it white?" And the answer almost always is..."Of course!" It really is my favorite color and represents a freshness and beauty that no other color does for me. To put it simply...I am in love with this name. And I guess that's all that matters in the end ;)
With the new name comes several other changes as well. I am currently in the process of securing the .com name and looking at creating a fresh new website. It will most likely be located on a different host that I have found better fits my needs, and will have a slightly different layout than my current site. It will be located at the new url within the next month, but for a time, the old url will transfer visitors to it. I will, of course, let everyone know when these changes have occurred. My best guess right now would be within 3-4 weeks. There is still lots to do!
Thank you to all who offered advice and wisdom during this decision making time...it really helped so much!

19 comments:

Shana said...

Congrats on the name change. I do think it exemplifies your style perfectly. Can't wait to see what you do with your new site!

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

The name is perfect and so original, can't wait to see the changes take place!!! What a fun new begininning for the New Year!
Hugs :)
Amy

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

I agree Alice. It is simple elegance and it is a name that can grow with you. I can't wait to see your new website! Creating the new design will be so much fun for you. Congrats on making the big decision! Now you can relax and enjoy the creative process :~) Have a wonderful day!

Counting Your Blessings said...

That's what I would've picked too. I think it's a good choice and especially if YOU love it. Though some of the changing process is frustrating, won't it be fun doing all the new creating?! Blessings... Polly

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Hello Alice,
Thank you for your lovely comment to me, your very sweet!
Your new name is perfect for you, I love anything to do with a white palette, its a classic and here to stay...
Jo-Anne

miss gracies house said...

Good job on making a decision!Isn't it soo nice when it all comes together? And when it is so YOU, then that is what makes it the right choice. Good for your DH for listening:)
I'm excited to see the site!

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Hi Alice, how lovely, great name.I cant wait to see it spelled out with your graphics! Thank you for the most romantic Vignette spread you are so sweet to say all those lovely things,i'm so touched, thank you. Hugs, Kimberly

Alice W. said...

Thanks for the positive support!!!

Sherry said...

Choosing a name that suits you, that makes you feel good inside...that is what matters the most and "Painted White" says it all so simply, elegantly and effectively.

Enjoy creating and designing...putting ideas forward that we have carried in our minds is a wonderful experience!

Roxie said...

I'm so happy for you Alice. I can't wait to see it all take shape over the next few weeks. I'm sure with a name like Paint it White, it is all going to be beautiful.
Good luck on your newest endeavor.

Vintage Tea said...

Congrats on deciding on your name, its perfect.

Victoria

Alison Gibbs said...

Loving the new name. My family says "don't stand still or she'll paint you white."
Alison

Sandra@Shabby Rose Cottage said...

I love your blog. We are sisters in white and your new name is a reflection of what you love. I see I am in good company. I will be visiting your blog often now that I have found you.

cherished*vintage said...

I love your new name! Perfect choice! Whenever my paint brush is out, I too am painting white. Can't wait to see the new site.
-Karoline

Antique Paperie said...

Alice it is perfect because you love it - my dear, that is all that matters. I'd follow you to the ends of the earth - no matter what name you choose because I adore you, you are fabulous, and everything you touch is beautiful! Can't wait to see what all you have in store for 2008!
hugs sweets -
xoxo Sherri

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Alice i love the new name ! It is sooo you and thats beautiful.

Hugs
Shann xo

NAME: CIELO said...

Hi beautiful Alice! I'm so glad you chosen that name. I told you! (ha!)... The name embraces everything you are! Just lovely.

Cielo

Jenn and Jacqui said...

Hi Alice, your new name sounds lovely, a simple elegance there! Best wishes, Jenn and Jacqui

fairmaiden said...

Alice~ Thank you for coming by Sea Cottage to visit...and your *sweet thoughts*...I love your new name ~Painted White~ and I will look forward to your grand opening and seeing all things painted white! I love white...it is my favorite too. As my children have gotten older I have been able to bring the white back into our cottage...white slipcovered sofas, white wicker, white pillars, candles, blankets, china, etc. I have an antique buffet passed down from my mom that is a chocolate brown that I have wanted to paint white ever since I got it. But I do like the choc. brown with white, so I haven't yet. Some day it will be white! Probably after I see everything *painted white* on your new site!