Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Creme Brulee Winner!

The day is finally here!!! After collecting all of the entries...I had my husband pull the lucky winner and who should it be...but the very lovely CLAUDIA from ROCK SPRING COTTAGE! Claudia and I acutally met through an eBay group and then connected again when I opened the new site...she is so wonderfully sweet and has a fabulous blog you should all visit! Her paintings are amazing and she just recently started collage work...which I know you will enjoy as well!

So congrats to you Claudia!!! I am thrilled to send out my collection of "Creme Brulee" goodies to such a deserving and inspiring woman!

Other than preparing for the giveaway, I have had a very busy weekend. My little sister Destiney (she's four) came over yesterday. I was in the process of redecorating, which she enjoyed helping me with because she loves all my "pretty things!" She then decided she wanted to have a tea party...so we made some blueberry scones together...while Renoir watched... I couldn't help but get out the camera!
Destiney decided to decorate a small side table with things she found around the house...

Showing off her work! She'll be a famous designer one day...among many other talents!

She loved this little teacup so much that I let her take it home (not a rarity when you come to my house...there is always something to bring home!).
And I spent several hours earlier that day redecorating the dining room in the style I posted about awhile ago...I am going for a very sophisticated, French antique, Provencial look. Here is a sampling...
Little corner of the room... I will continue to post pics as the decorating process comes together...it still has a ways to go...

Renoir decided after the long day to cuddle up on this chair...how he got through the mess of things...I have no idea! But he sure does look cozy!

9 comments:

NAME: CIELO said...

Just gorgeous; everything is so pretty!--as usual.

Have a blessed week, dear Alice...

Cielo

Sherry said...

What a fun post -- your sister has "designer" written all over her!! And I love the look you are going for (plus the music!!!) -- poor baby Renoir--what a tough day!!! (love the name -- I'm reading a novel about Renoir right now!)

Alice said...

You are such a great big sister! The new decorating is looking really good and I love seeing the photos. Renoir didn't want those scones getting away without a few bites for the doggie.

Natasha Burns said...

Oh I sooooooooooooo love Renoir. He is adorable! And isn't your little sis lucky to have you as a big sis! Definitely a designer in the making!
Thanks for entering my giveaway, good luck!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Isn't it nice to have something pretty to send home with little ones? I love to do that too, they always have such fun with their treasures!

Antique Paperie said...

Congrats to the lucky winner!! I will visit her blog when I am finished here. And, I wanted to say that Destiney is absolutely Adorable!! Yes, she looks like she has the motivation in her sparkling eyes to decorate and design someday!! With the help of her Big Sis, who has impeccable taste, she will go far.
Alice - I can't thank you enough for showing us such wonderful beauty through your Blog. It's one of my absolute favorites - as you are. Someone who is kind, thoughtful, a great story-teller, a fabulous photographer and stylist - you are a work of art yourself. Thank you so much for your Inspirations - I don't know how my day would go if I didn't stop here first! Love everything - and the photo of Renoir? Well, he's the most precious thing ever!!!
xoxo Sher

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Hi Alice,
Thanks for sharing your creative day with your adorable little sister.
Your photos are looking amazing!
I hope your having a wonderful week...Jo-Anne

Signature Vintage said...

I also have a younger sister!! She is is five....21 years younger than me. My mom and I were preganant at the same time! Such darling pics! I have a feeling my lil sis got a bit of the designer gene too!

Counting Your Blessings said...

That compote on the table your sister decorated is wonderful and I love what you're doing with the living room. I really want to spend some time looking at your beautiful photos. Maybe tomorrow... Blessings... Polly