Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

In Love with the Mailman...and My Husband

Lately, I have received soooo much goodness in the mail and from my husband (and from my myself that my husband didn't mind me buying!) that I thought I would show it all off! First of all...I received the most beautiful Valentine's swap creation from Stefania Tomelli (she's from Italy!)...
She made me a lovely hanging collage in the most beautiful colors!
And the package came with lots of extra "goodness"...
I loved this little vintage image on a collage sheet she sent...because I actually am a Tuesday's Child!
Lovely vintage die-cuts also from Stefania.... For Valentine's Day...my husband, Joshua, surprised me with 3 huge antique ceiling tile panels with loads of chippy paint and gorgeous patina!
And on eBay I found this delightful little framed Valentine card that I just "had" to have!
An obsession of mine lately has been vintage clocks...so when I found this charming one on eBay, I was determined to be the winner...and I was ;) It has lots of character and charm...
Since we have been completely redecorating everything around here...things have been put anywhere they fit...including one of my favorite teacups. Josh was walking by a table it was sitting on a couple weeks back and it fell to the ground and broke in two...sadness for me...so I decided to get myself a new one to mend my broken heart...
and I was delighted to find these two at Sweet Yesterdays. Yes...I thought two made up for the broken one!
They are both so detailed...and I love the gold decorative patterns.
Makes me want to sit down to tea!
This brooch was sitting on the table while I was photographing and I loved how "royal" all of these pieces looked together. Just call me Queen Marie... I had been eyeing this vintage hat box at The Shabby Villa for awhile now...and decided finally that it had to be mine! I usually don't go for yellow...but for some reason, this old box spoke to me. It has such lovely vintage appeal...I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it!


***TIRED YET??? HOLD ON...ONLY A FEW MORE PHOTOS!!!***

As some of you know from my previous posts, I am going for a very antique French look in my dining room and living room. I have been searching high and low for vintage and antique brass chandeliers that I could actually afford...and one day...to my surprise and delight...I found this beauty on Craigslist. It was only $50 and still available by the time I talked with the woman selling it. We ran over to her house that night, which was only about 30 minutes away, and by the next day it was up (thanks to my fabulous husband)!
It is absolutely perfect in our living room...I can't wait to get the entire room done, so I can show you!
One thing I can show you, is my new entry way vignette...fresh and airy for spring... This antique Christening gown was actually a birthday present my mother gave me a few months back, and it is one of my most favorite things!
I just received a few more packages in the mail today...but don't have the camera out, so I will share those treasures in the next few days. AND for those of you who have been waiting...I will be putting my "Romantic Vignettes: Vignette of the Moment" page back up very soon...I have a great vignette that the beautiful and talented Cielo (one of my favorite blogging ladies) has shared, and I know you will love it! Till next time...

17 comments:

Crossroads Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing all the goodies. Your new chandelier is gorgeous! And did you and Joshua put up the molding around the chandelier or was that already existing? Roger and I have wanted to do that in our dining room for quite awhile but just haven't gotten around to it. :-) I'm looking forward to the new Vignette ...

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Beautiful Blog! I have enjoyed it here!
Barbara

Scrappy Jessi said...

o my just gorgeous!
the pictures are fabulous! what fun gift. what a great gift from your hubby!
so fun! fun mail week!
oxoxox,
jessi

A Romantic Porch said...

So beautiful, and all so romantic. Thanks for sharing. xo Rachel

Natasha Burns said...

LOVE the goodies Alice! Isn't Stef so talented and such a lovely person too.
The chandelier - you got a great bargain AND it is incredibly beautiful!

Kerryanne English said...

I have one word for you dear Alice - SPOILT

SPOILT, SPOILT, SPOILT!!!!
How absolutely fabulous are all your tresures you have received in the mail. I know you will enjoy each and everyone of them.

Hugs,
Kerryanne

Laura said...

Romantic treasures shared...how lovely. I invite you to visit me on my new blog as well.
Creatively Yours,
Laura

NAME: CIELO said...

Hi Alice, I have a surprise for you on my blog; pl/come visit me!

cielo

Alice said...

I love the chandelier, just gorgeous. The tin panels were interesting. I have a tin ceiling in my middle parlor. It is new but made by a company that's been making them since they originally became popular.

Shabby Shop said...

First, I have to tell you that I've decided that not only do you have one of the most beautiful blogs I have the delicious pleasure of visiting, YOU are also one of the most beautiful ladies. I know that probably sounds a bit odd coming from another gal but I've been trying to get a decent photo of myself for my blog profile and I just hate them all. Whenever I think of what kind of picture I want, I see yours. So, I'm dubbing you down-right lovely.

Moving on... =) Oh my gracious, I have to go right over and order some of Sheri's stuff! I love everything she makes. And your Joshua sounds like a true sweetie! Blessings... Polly

Shabby Shop said...

Hahaha... just read what kerryanne english wrote.

Shabby Shop said...

Oops sorry, forgot I was still logged in on mom's site. Pretend it says countingyourblessings..

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Alice so many beautiful pretties!!!! I bought those exact same chandelier cards!!! lol I LOVE them. Stefania is such a sweetheart... just love her.

I think we have very similar chandeliers!

xoxo Heather

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

You've been a busy girl Alice - you found some lovely treasures! I have a passion for old ceiling tiles...they have such character to them. I found a set of four small ones awhile back and plan to frame them as art pieces as the paint is chipping quite badly.

Beautiful photos as always :~)

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Gorgeous post Alice,Your blog is just breathtaking,all the photos I get so inspired! Hugs, Kimberly

claudia said...

Ohmy.. I love seeing all your beautiful things Alice, so many! The ceiling tins are great! What a nice gift.. and that chandelier is a beauty and a steal! I love all the wonderful papers too.. and didn't know you like vintage clocks.. I will keep my eyes open for some for ya at the auctions..! claudia

Antique Paperie said...

Aren't you just the bee's knee's?? OH my goodness, I love that you posted about my little goodies! I've had 3 ladies come over and order before my big March 1st opening all becuase of you!! My sweetest friend - you know I cherish the friendship we have, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting about the goodies I make. You are the best!! Sorry I am so late in getting over here but I have been swamped :) Another little package coming your way next week for sharing so graciously -
xoxo Sher