Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Smile from Happy Irish Eyes...

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone! I actually am part Irish, so this is a genuine greeting from Irish eyes! I can't believe how quickly March is flying by...which means that spring will surely be coming soon...right? I still see quite a bit of snow outside my window today, but the sun is shining brightly for a change!
I have been quite busy lately, and haven't had much time for posting or visiting my wonderful blogging friends...but I will be doing that soon...one of these days when I end up staying up all hours of the night!
************************************
Last Thursday, Joshua and I had my three sisters-in-law over to celebrate one of their birthday's. My sister-in-law, Becky, turned 28 and we had a small dinner party for her at our home. My other sister-in-law, Danielle, created this beautiful little cake for her:
She actually made my wedding cake too...she is amazing! Renoir did manage to jump up to the table before anyone noticed and get a lick of one of the rose's leaves! He is so sneaky!
Earlier that day, I made Becky a paper "birthday crown," which she wore throughout the night!
(The pics aren't the best because I didn't think to take them till very late in the evening...so sadly there was only artificial light.)
Our little gathering turned out to be quite a fun, relaxing time. Becky seemed to feel truly blessed...which was our hope for the night!
*************************************
While Josh and I were out shopping the other day, he spotted a small little bunny rabbit...for you know who! We have been calling it Renoir's "Easter Baby."
But...since it's Renoir...he unfortunately removed both of the little guy's plastic eyes that night. (I think all of Renoir's "babies" are blind at this point!). But...he has been cuddling with his bunny everyday since we gave it to him...

********************************************

I recently added a new website design to my portfolio. Be sure to stop by The Contessa's Cottage to see it and check out her pretty shabby treasures!


Till we meet again...

~Alice W.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok when you said you made her a Bday hat I thought you meant like out of tissue paper, what you made was gorgeous! That alone to me would be a glorious gift, you are so sweet and really are creative!
And my pups little animals all are eyeless too! Poor things :(
But they seem to do those eyes first! lol

happy st pats!
Kelly

A Romantic Porch said...

So interesting. I love the cake and crown. Thank you for sharing!

Counting Your Blessings said...

Isn't it a wonderful surprise when a little family gathering turns out to be oddly fulfilling?! I love that. Sometimes I go (or have people over) with the mentality of "obligation" and then a little fun creeps in, a little reminiscing, laughing... Love it!! Blessings... Polly P.S. And Renoir is proving to be his mother's son: spoilt =)

Alice W. said...

Oh YES he is Polly!!! There was never a more "spoilt" dog in the world! I suppose he does take after me afterall... ;)

Fabulous Finds Studio said...

The cake is so beautiful and looks really yummy! One of my sisters decorates cakes and she would love to open her own bakery one day...we'll see :-)

Alice, the crown is really fabulous! I've never made a crown but I have a lady statue who needs a name and a crown, so I am adding a crown to my "to do" list (maybe one of these days I will have enough time to make one).

All of my cats toys are missing eyes, the Santa Claus toy has one eye and looks really evil :-)

Have a fabulous week!
Julie