Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

Well...not here in Western, New York...but at Painted White, I recently listed several products to enhance your holiday season. Add some handmade...throw in some vintage...in shades of white, lilac, peach, pink and minty green...and voila...the recipe for a Painted White spring!

This purple hydrangea tussie mussie is a perfect way to bring the garden indoors...created with textured floral wallpaper and faux hydrangeas, and embellished with a vintage magazine clipping...it makes a perfect statement for the season.
If you are looking for the perfect gift to give to a friend this Easter...but don't want to do the "commercial" thing...Painted White Easter Baskets are now available. I have lovingly embellished this vintage white basket and filled it with lots of beautiful handmade and vintage items...
Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such a treat on Easter morning?
I have included vintage ephemera, millinery flowers, a little bird, and lots more...
These decorated vintage thread spools were covered in vintage wallpaper and text from vintage children's books...together they read, "Garden Fresh"...or "Fresh Garden" depending on your preference ;)
A gorgeous vintage Victorian Easter greeting...almost too good to part with...but it looked sooo cute in the basket, I had to throw it in!
And how gorgeous are these millinery flowers?
I embellished a heart shaped lavender sachet with this vintage ad...and didn't notice till after I put it on that it is from Rochester, NY...where I live! How neat is that?
A vintage unused seed packet and some flower stickers...
And a pair of vintage linen napkins tied with ribbon and a vintage playing card for "Swift's Ham & Breakfast Bacon" thrown in:
This basket is so cute...even if you find you can't part with it...it makes for a beautiful display.
The second Painted White Easter Basket is also filled with lots of lovely vintage and ooak treasures...most in shades of peachy pink.
Decorated thread spools...covered with text from a vintage Catholic primer...
Look at all these goodies!
I found this sometime ago and new it would eventually become a part of one of my creations...and it looked perfect in this basket. It has beautiful roses and gold trim all around.
And perfect for Easter Sunday...a delicate white lace baby bonnet. I decorate with pretty baby clothes all over my house...even though I don't have any kids! They add charm and nostalgia to any romantic vignette...
So pretty in chippy white paint...
I found this cute decorated box at a sale last summer...the 3-D bunny would delight any child's face...and just imagine it filled with lots of Easter goodies!
A rare vintage find, this handpainted planter is perfect for displaying...and can be filled with all sorts of things...
I was lucky to find several vintage crocheted doilies and runners on a buying trip last summer and how perfect are these colors for decorating your holiday table?
This one is my favorite...in pale peachy pink and soft green...
And under those lovely doilies...how perfect would this pale peach tablecloth be covering your Easter table?
And for the hostess...I have just listed some vintage aprons that are also in perfect "spring" colors.
This sheer one is the palest green and looks beautiful on or displayed...
A vintage hankie was added to it for a pocket and has lovely pink embroidery...
I will be listing more Easter and spring themed items throughout the rest of the week. Be sure to check back each day to see the new goods. And be sure to order quickly if you want them before Easter!

7 comments:

CIELO said...

Oh Alice.... what a lovely lovely blog you have! Every day gets better and better, I love your new design, and every pic. you post... just lovely. I enjoy coming here so much! thank you for so much beauty...

cielo

Natasha Burns said...

As usual Alice, all your beautiful goodies are so lovely! You photograph them perfectly too!

Hope you get out of the snow boots soon, lol, you know - I've never owned a pair, I wouldn't have a clue what it is like to drive in snow or walk through it!

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Alice, those easter goodies are so pretty. And I want to thank you for posting the song Falling Slowly on your blog. I loved it when I saw them performing on the Oscars and made a mental note to see the movie, but of course I have since forgotten all about the movie and song until I heard it on your blog yesterday. I went right to blockbuster and rented it. I just love their music!

GEORGIA said...

Alice!
Your blog is sooo beautiful and inspiring! Love your Easter baskets!!

Hope Spring comes soon for you!

Georgia
Grandma G's

Sherry ~ Cherie ~ ms. herbes de provence said...

Oh so very beautiful and it makes me feel like spring might really make an appearance this year!! With another foot of snow due in Toronto this weekend..I've been doubtful!

Counting Your Blessings said...

Now that's my kind of Easter basket! I LOVE the spools (of course). I'll stop by this weekend. Have a wonderful Friday! Blessings... Polly (p.s. if you have time, stop by the Flea Market. I think there's 8-10 gals selling tomorrow)

Charmingdesigns said...

Beautiful Blog! What wonderful things. I am sooo glad spring is on its way...Laurie