Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Junque in My Trunk Swap - Part II

Now for Part II of the Junque in My Trunk Swap...you get to see what I received!!! And let me tell you...I was blown away by Dawn's creativity, thought, attention to detail, and love, that was put into this box so much...it literally brought tears to my eyes, as I looked through it all.
This box was so beautifully decorated, that when it first arrived...I just put it on the dining room table to gaze at it awhile. It literally was so beautiful that I didn't want to open it...the whole goal, right Heather?!! Hehe...
Dawn even wrapped the box in the most beautiful toile fabric I have ever seen...
I had to laugh when I did open it finally...it was the same box I sent her...only one small difference...she used the BIGGER one!!! ;)
As I opened it, I took my time with each precious item...
Simply things can make me the happiest...like the way she decorated the envelope to the card she included...so perfect...
What moved me the most about this swap gift was the time Dawn took to really "get to know" me, who I am and what I love. By reading through my blog archives and perusing my Flickr photos...she really did know what I love!
A gorgeous pink rose...
And omgoodness! A tiny corcheted, pink baby bonnet!!!
And baby booties too!!! I just kept thinking in my head, "Dawn...no...no...this is too much!"
How adorable are these...
And the beauty with which she prepared everything to be put inside the box was beyond words...
Adorable pink roses...
And these stunning antique collars....this is when the tears came...I do have some of these but not as old...I couldn't believe she would be willing to give them to me...
Bits of trim...and of course...tons of white buttons!!! They had beautifully spilled over everything, so it looked like confetti over all my new treasures...
Looks like we are only about half-way through...
Lovely vintage and inspired papers...
I love this verse...
Dawn included some of the most beautiful vintage postcards...I always enjoy the writing and postage on the backs just as much as the front...Beautiful!
Dawn knew I loved all things romantic, pink, white, French...I even told her I love fleur-de-lis...
Look at these amazing buttons!"Le Chic" pink buttons...
And this is to die for! I have some with just white rhinestones...but this one is so pretty in shades of gold, pink, pale blue, aqua and yellow when the light hits it...
More mother-of-pearl to add to the collection...these are my favorite kind of buttons...I love the texture, weight and color of them...
We even gave each other the same little wooden fleur-de-lis...kindred spirits for sure!
And I adore this little porcelian ring holder...
Then my last package...at the bottom...could there really be anything more amazing than what I already have?? I would say not....but...I would be proven wrong once again!
The most amazing beaded purse emerged (Dawn...one question...how did you know I have always wanted one???) More tears....
And then lovingly tucked away inside....a framed Eiffel Tower...a perfect finishing touch...
Nearing the end of the box now....another lovely embroidered doily...
Oh but wait! I forgot! There was a gorgeous file folder I set aside at the beginning...let's have a look through...
Loads of vintage and French papers! My favorite! And another vintage postcard too! Dawn it really is tooooooooooo much!!! ;)
Delightful vintage greeting cards..
French ledger paper and text...
So now looking through it all...I was completely overwhelmed...it was really just too much for little ol' me to handle!!! She spoiled me good didn't she!
Dawn~ From the very bottom of my heart, I just want to say thank you again...but then, that seems so small in comparison to what you have done for me. I only hope that somehow, someday, you get to feel as loved as I did, when I opened your box. It was a surreal and serene moment in time...that I enjoy again and again whenever I look across something you gave me. You are a kindred spirit, and I pray every blessing upon you and yours!
Thank you times a million!
*************************************************
And last but not least...I thought I would show my latest decorating endeavor. I finally got my grandmother's gold mirror out of storage, cleaned up and above the shelf that I like to pretend is our mantel. I have displayed a collection of antique and vintage items (including now some of Dawn's!) in shades of cream, ivory, and tarnished silver...with a hint of gold. It makes me happy whenever I look upon it...
Till next time...'

18 comments:

Vintage Tea said...

Wow... what a lucky lady you are!

Such thought went into that swap I can see why you were so overwhelmed!

Victoria x

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear Alice, I had such fun doing this swap with you!!! You sent me wonderful treasures as well and I've already been using them in my artwork! I'm just so glad that you like everything and that the goodies are really "you". Your post is just beautiful....thank you sweet friend! xxoo, Dawn

KarenHarveyCox said...

I saw your beautiful header displayed at Dawn's and I just saw the beautifully wrapped box. You have photographed this gorgeous swap so nicely. I love your blog and the inspiration here is remarkable. I must add this site as a favorite. Karen

Lori said...

Alice, Dawn sent to you the most beautiful things...the baby bonnet and little booties are beyond precious...everything is wonderful, you got a great partner!!!

LP Vintage said...

What a wonderful swap you two had! And I love the way you photographed everything to show us!

Charmingdesigns said...

What beautiful things! Your last photo is just wonderful.Laurie

titicandia said...

What a wonderful swap you two had.
I love your blog and the inspiration here is remarkable.
Congratulation! kisses from Chile,
Titi

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Oh my gosh Alice !!! That is such a beautiful gift !! Each and every thing is wonderful ~ ohhhhh what fun !
xoxo,
Lori

Crossroads Cottage said...

Love your 'mantel' display and could your most recent vignette be anymore gorgeous?!

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Georgeous!
*Heidi*

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

What a beautiful gift, it really is so you! I'm sorry I missed that swap. I enjoyed your beautiful photos of the gift as well. Lovely treasures! Hugs,Kim

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what gorgeous swap goodies.
How sweet the bonnet and booties are.
Alison

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Waht an absolute wonderland of
the most amazing treasures!

M

Kelly said...

Where and how can you find words to describe those remarkable tokens!? Both exchanges contained fantastic things, you both are very talented people and have a great eye for the interest of others!

Lana said...

oh my! Dawn certainly out did herself with that swap! You received some beautiful and thoughtful items.

GardenGoose said...

what beautiful items. Dawn is such a sweety. So talented in many ways.what a delight for you to have had her as your swap partner.
was fun looking at your photos to see what you recieved.

miss gracies house said...

Isn't it cool when beauty just makes our heart sing? Beauty in object and spirit...
Rene'

Joy said...

Wow, that was one amazing swap! :)