Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Green Thumb?

Indoor Garden
This is the first year that I have made an attempt at growing my own flower and plant garden. I have been "babying" some of these little guys indoors for a couple of weeks...waiting rather impatiently for them to show any signs of life...
Growing..
Then one day...the first little sprout appeared! {Insert the halleluiah chorus here} The large basil leaves you see below were the first to grow...
Growing Basil
I also planted some lavender and a floral mix that the lovely Polly sent me (thus inspiring my whole, "I want a garden" kick...thanks Polly!). I thought it was so cute that we had these garden gnome magnets on the side of the fridge...keeping watch over my little guys...or are they playing poker??!!! Hehe...
Indoor Garden Gnomes
I planted several flower bulbs/plants outdoors...but the backyard patio still needs some sprucing up before I will photograph it...lol! I even got a little wall fountain and lots of little garden angels to adorn the yard...can't wait till my first rose appears!
***********************************************************
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been going on a LOT of buying trips...mostly to get things for myself...hehe...but you know how I always enjoy showing off my the latest additions...
Jewelry Box Flowers
Even if the real plants don't work out because of my lack of a green thumb...at least I will have these little plastic beauties ;)
Jewelry Box Flowers
Found a bag of these soft plastic flowers at a church sale...not sure what their original use was (any thoughts let me know!), but I just enjoyed the colorfulness and variety of them...I put them in this vintage jewelry box that I also scored at a church sale...it's like a "mini flower market"...
Jewelry Box Flowers
How cute are these little rosebuds!
Soft Plastic Rose Buds

Pretty Plastic Flowers

Soft Plastic Rose Buds

Soft Plastic Flowers
I found this cute vintage baby doll with a cute crocheted dress the same day at another sale...
Cute Vintage Baby

Cute Vintage Baby
And a pretty vintage linen with an orange flower basket...
Embroidered Basket Linen
I have been super busy this week getting my studio cleaned up and organized (finally!)...so I have been away from blogland and may continue to be for awhile...but once I get things all situated I will be back as usual...till then...have a beautiful week!
alicesignature

12 comments:

Vintage Tea said...

That dolls's a cutie!

Victoria x

The Other Side of Me said...

Alice,

Good luck with growing your garden. You look like you are off to a good start. I love the box full of blooms. They must cheer up your studio so sweetly. Thanks for sharing.
Tammy

Sheila R said...

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing the doll... it brought tears to my eyes. My loving grandma had one of these in her crafting stuff waiting for a crochet dress that she didn't get to finish before she died. At that time no one wanted her... didn't know what I know now.

Sheila R said...

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing the doll... it brought tears to my eyes. My loving grandma had one of these in her crafting stuff waiting for a crochet dress that she didn't get to finish before she died. At that time no one wanted her... didn't know what I know now.

Tutti Chic said...

Your Plastic flowers are just as pretty as the real things!LOL! I think you'll have lots of luck with the seedlings though~looks like theya re growing just fine~:) chris

Shabby Shop said...

Well, if you have any growth from those seeds, you're doing better than I am! I planted/scattered several packets of wildflower seeds because I've heard that they actually grow WILD - and I'm hoping that means that it'll be harder for me to kill them =) But so far, not much is popping up. Of cousre, they're outside and it hasn't really gotten very warm here yet. Even neighbor Bob hasn't gotten them to magically grow. However, the roses bushes that I put in the kitchen sink to soak the roots - they're starting to bloom like mad. Hmmmm... maybe I should just grow everything in the sink. Blessings.. Polly (p.s. got your email but have been super busy but you're ever so welcome - hugs)

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

What beautiful and colorful finds! I too think I am going to plant some things this year, but I think I will try some veggies, tomatoes, beans etc. I have several huge pots on my deck that I usually plant flowers in, but I think I may so both... I am craving a fresh tomato salsa, yum! Love the music on you blog, so peaceful! I LOVE Klove, my fav station :)
Warmest Blessings,
Amy

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Sweet Alice!

I love your pictures of your plants sprouting. Isn't it wonderful to see Mother Nature at work?

Cute flowers in the jewelry box! Very sweet and colorful. You pictures are amazingly clear. What kind of camera do you use? You can email me at lavenderhillstudio@mchsi.com
Hugs,
Penny

GABRIELA DELWORTH said...

Hello,

OMG! I love your photography, amazing shots! And those plastic flowers...I want them all!

Warm regards,

Gabriela

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Your collection of flowers are fabulous! Beautiful photos, they're larger then life.. Great job!
Jo-Anne

Simply Me Art said...

What a Beautiful Blog and shop. Im off to look around some more..Jamie

CIELO said...

Hi Alice... It never cease to amaze me how winter's death leads to spring's rebirth, it’s a reminder that there is life after death. We can’t do anything about it; but God can.

Your plastic loveliness are pretty too! :)

Have a great day and rest of the week

Cielo