Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Gardens...Thus Far...

Weathered Chair
Today was a quiet day here...after going out to lunch with my father and little brother to a little Asian restaurant...I came home to water my plants and decided to photograph the front and backyard gardens...even though much has yet to bloom.
Guardian Angel
Purchased these white flowers already fully blooming...but they are surviving...which is hard for me to manage...so I am quite proud of them...
Little White Flowers
Our porch is quite small, and everything on it is from the white family...of course...
Our White Porch

For the Love of White

Praying..
This is our first rosebush...that will be pink when they bloom...
Our First Rosebush
I put this broken teacup in the urn for the time being...
Romantic Rosebush
A grapevine wreath adorns our front door for the spring...
Front Door Wreath
And several of these blooming bushes are on on the left-hand side of the porch...
In the Garden
I purchased a chippy garden pedestal at a sale a few weeks back, most likely it was used as a large candle holder...but I put this old French bowl, that has far too many chips to use, on top as a birdbath...
Our Birdbath

Birdbath
Picked a Magnolia while I was walking Renoir...and enjoyed photographing it around the garden...
Flower Bathing

Flower Bathing

Magnolia Flower
Picked up several of these garden cherubs for only $3.00 each at a store a few weeks ago...they are placed around the front yard...
Praying Angel
This one is either bored, tired...or perhaps daydreaming...
Resting Cherub
This one is praying that the peonies behind him and the rose bushes on the sides of him, will grow soon, to fill in and hide all the brown mulch...or maybe that's just me? Hehe..Praying that the Peonies will grow
Now, off to the backyard...which is far from finished...but I thought I would show off a few aspects to it...like this wall fountain we purchased just a couple of weeks ago...
Garden Fountain

Backyard Fountain

Fountain Detail
I haven't purchased a large watering can yet...so for the time being I have been using this ceramic Peter Rabbit one (part of my Beatrix Potter collection)...
Peter Rabbit Watering Can
This giant blue teacup reminds me of something out of Alice in Wonderland...so whimsical and unique...and...only $5.00!
Blue Teacup Planter
My favorite Peter...peeking out...
Peter Rabbit
Found a couple of these little birds at a sale once and could never find the right place for them inside...but they fit in quite nice out here...
Cute Bird

Peter Rabbit
When more flowers start to bloom and we get the back yard all cleaned up, I will show more of our gardening ventures...hope you enjoyed the little tour of it thus far!
Have a fabulous Wednesday!
alicesignature

26 comments:

CeCe said...

Your photography is beautiful.

SweetAnnee said...

Your garden is delightful
just as a garden should be!!

thanks for sharing..Deena

Vanessa said...

Everything is so beautiful! My favorite is your birdbath. Mind if I "steal" that idea sometime?

The Feathered Nest said...

Alice! Your photography is just gorgeous to me!! I love all of the tidbits of your garden. The close-up of the magnolia is breathtaking!! Hope you have wonderful day ~ xxoo, Dawn

Crossroads Cottage said...

Thanks for the peak into your gardens. Can't wait to see more in the future. My favorite is your wall fountain. The sound of trickling water is always so relaxing.

Sugar Bear said...

Gorgeous photos and such inspiring ideas. The birdbath is beautiful!
Karla

Tracie said...

Alice,
Your gardens are delightful. I too love that pale blue teacup, it does look like something out of Alice in Wonderland - seems like the Mad Hatter may be around somewhere ;)
The wall fountain is lovely, very serene, and of course - the all white garden, you can't go wrong with that choice!
~Tracie

The Other Side of Me said...

Alice,

Your front porch looks like a day dream! It is so lovely. I loved the idea of the broken china tea cup in with the plant. it adds such character. How about those white cherubs for $3. What a steal!

P.S. Where are you that you are picking Maganolias. Mine are getting ready to bloom.
Tammy

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Alice, your gardens are looking gorgeous!!! I love the chippy chair on the porch. You are reminding me that my gardens are somewhat neglected. lol :)))

xo Heather

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Such an oasis! Lucky you!!!


M

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Your garden is wonderful! Full of charm, elegance and whimsy! I adore everything you have done. Those cherubs are so sweet and I love the garden pedestal with the chippy French bowl!
xo
Penny

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Alice! Loved the white flowers and that sweet little Cherub is darling. Your photos are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing : ) ~ xoxo Joy

KarenHarveyCox said...

Such a lovely garden, and I just love all of your containers and garden ornaments. I could almost hear the water in your fountain. Beautiful images of special treasures. I especially love the Peter Rabbit can. Karen

Kelly said...

Oh everything looks so peaceful, what wonderful pictures! I love the fountain and great idea with the plate for the birdbath.

Love,
kelly

Kathy said...

Just lovely, all of it!...Kathy

Sweet Sage said...

Love this post, Alice! Love all the white. It is getting a bit hot here in the desert, and our blooms are a little wilty. Be sure to post pics of your roses once they bloom .. my favorite ~ pink! You've inspired me to head out to my garden today. :)

Natasha Burns said...

It's beautiful Alice! I lvoe all the details. That birdbath is amazing!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a wonderful post,Alice. I have loved each and every photograph. I know you are going to have the prettiest garden when every flower blooms.

Your angels and other sweet things make it all look so restful and great. xo Lidy

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

What a beautiful post.....love your photos! Just love all the distressed white wood with grey!

Lovely page, I'll visit often!

LaurieAnna

Couture de Papier said...

Beautiful photos thank you for comments!

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Alice,
This is a most lovely post! Your gardens and all the white chippy things are wonderful! I just feel like I was on a garden tour, Thank You!
The wall fountain is so beautiful, you must get so much enjoyment out of the peaceful sound of water splashing in your garden oasis!
Have a beautiful weekend,
Donna Lynn

Donna Lynn said...

P.S. I adore your sweet little doggie!

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

your garden is gorgeous!!!
smiles,
Sandy

A Romantic Porch said...

These pictures are so beautiful. xoRAchel

CIELO said...

I so love to see pictures of gardens.... and yours is lovely as is, even if Mother Nature is not helping quite as she should, doesn't she! I can't belive you bought those lovely garden cherubs for only $3.00... where where??? I love garden ornaments, and your new fountain and cherubs are lovely....

Have a great day, Alice

Betzie said...

Totally enchanting and you have inspired me to try a few new things. I love to garden and add whimsy!