Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Friday, May 30, 2008

A New Vignette and Garden Update

I have just posted a new 'Vignette of the Moment' for May 31st, 2008. It is a design from my own living room...hope you all get a chance to get over for a visit! I have been quite bad at keeping up with mentioning when a new vignette has been posted here on my blog...sorry about that! The best way to keep updated is to join the newsletter I send for it, if you are eager to see the latest vignette. And if you haven't been in awhile...be sure to look through the archives...as I have featured some beautiful vignettes from some very talented ladies...including...my own mother ;), Polly from Counting Your Blessings, and Sandy from My Lu La Belles. I know you will love their vignettes, so check them out if you haven't yet!
**********************************************
Garden Pink
Other happenings around here...Josh and I have been doing lots more work in our "gardens"...I enjoy calling them that even though they mostly consist of two slabs of concrete...one small one in the front for the porch and one large one in the back...that's what you get in townhouse living! But I am doing my best to spruce them up and make them as romantic as possible.
Pink Annuals
Josh was so sweet this week (and every week of course!)...but this week...he bought me a little white wrought iron bistro set with roses on it (above)...so pretty! It's not old, but I am hoping that the weather will help it to fit in with my "old" and "chippy" lifestyle.
Pink Annuals

Garden Flowers
I got sick of waiting for seeds to grow, so we also headed out to Lowe's this week for some flowers that were already blooming (I am a bit impatient...lol!). We purchased the above pink annuals and lots of petunias...
Hanging Petunias

Hanging Petunias
and these cute pink Impatiens...
Chippy Tin & Flowers
The other day, I noticed the first buds growing on our Billy Graham rose bush that greets you as you enter our home. I was so excited!
First Rose Bud
Can't wait till they start to bloom!
First Rose Bud
One of the rose bushes we planted about a month ago never took off, so we replaced it with these bright pink ones that were already nicely blooming...
Pink & White Rose 2

Pink & White Rose
As usual, I still have lots more planned for my little "gardens"...keep trying to convince Josh to get me a little picket fence for the backyard and I desperately want an arbor with a little gate...but we shall see if either of those things happen by the end of summer. Josh and I are both notorious procrastinators! But...I will keep you updated on all my latest gardening endeavors that do happen!
Till next time...
alicesignature

16 comments:

sadieolive said...

Pretty, pretty! I love the burlap in the wall planters. I didn't know you had a Josh too! :) We have too much in common! It's funny!

Sharon said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

:0) Sharon

Sugar Bear said...

Really gorgeous! Can you come to my garden next?!
Karla

Sheila R said...

I just love all your pretty flowers. I was not blessed with a green thumb so I am truly amazed by someone that is...

Thanks for sharing your beauty!

Janet Bernasconi said...

Hi Alice!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just love those flowers! You look so cute on that scooter. lol
And yes,please do stop by Make Mine Pink forum when you can. It's always great to have you there.
Have a great day!
xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Siobhan said...

Hi Alicie,

I just found your blog and have fell in love with your beautiful vignettes and those pretty flowers.

Can not wait to come and visit again soon.

Regards, Siobhan xo

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I love the new iron bistro set. It will age beautifully, I am sure!
Hugs,
Penny

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Hi Doll!
I just picked up some double pink impatients myself today, I fell in love with them... Great idea using the burlap, looks much nicer then the spanish moss...Beautiful!
Jo-Anne

Sweet Sage said...

BEAUTEOUS!!!
My husband gave me the identical bistro set, only I've painted mine a pale pink (never enough PINK!) .. it's 'weathering' beautifully!
Adore the Vignette, too!
My Best~
kim

Tracie said...

Hi Alice,
I will have to go take a look at the new vignette (I love them!).

Your garden's looking very pretty. Some times I think it's better to have a smaller area, there's not as much work involved and it's easier to keep it pretty.

How nice your new bistro set is - I bet it gets nice and weathered soon. I love the burlap inside the planters, what a great idea you have using them in that way.
~Tracie

Counting Your Blessings said...

I always check your new vignettes as soon as I get the email. I love them! The set that Josh got you is wonderful. Once again, spoilt =) I'm giving up on my seeds too. If I can talk hubby into it, I'm going to head over to Home Depot and get some flowers this coming weekend. Blessings.. Polly.. Polly

Crossroads Cottage said...

Your patio is so romantic. You've done a great job with a small space. And your new bistro set is just too beautiful. (How sweet of Josh!) The new blooms look gorgeous too.

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Hi Alice,
im off to go see your new vinyette im sure its beautiful as is everything you do.
when you get a chance check out my blog im in trouble and am having a contest for those who help me get out of it.
smiles,
Sandy

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Just beautiful!

Tracie said...

Hi Alice,
I was going to say this does not pertain to your post - which is usually faux pas~ But...

Since I love your vignettes and joie de vivre, yes - it truly does relate to your post and my love of your style ;)

I just received an email with notice of my parcel on the way from your store - yippee for me. I wanted to share my excitement in the message and enthusiasm with knowing there is a parcel on it's way to us!
Happy day,
xo~Tracie

CIELO said...

Good morning, Alice.... your garden, the little white wrought iron bistro, the roses--everything is charming, as everything you have... Thanks for sharing so much prettiness :)

cielo