Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Some New Work...

Old Chateau
Lately, I have been working on some new digital work using my photography. I love adding the definition of coordinating words, in a vintage typewritter font, to these works. The above photograph was actually taken in Montreal on my honeymoon...but with this affect...it looks like it could be an old chateau in France.
Contemplation
Joshua and I have both taken turns photographing this guy...and we love to call him "Contemplation." I prefer to use the definitions from our vintage dictionary. I find the choice of words to be much more eloquent than the modern ones.
For Mom
The photograph above was taken last week at the Lilac Festival here in Rochester, NY. My sister and I took our mother for the day...and I spent hours photographing all the beautiful blooms (a seperate post about our trip to be coming soon!). I decided to edit this photo in Photoshop...give it my signature "glow" and added an old poem, I found, for my Mother's Day gift to my mom. I framed it for her in a white shabby chic frame.
It reads:

"Your love is like an island
in life's ocean, vast and wide,
A peaceful quiet shelter
From the rain and wind and tide.
Above it like a beacon light
Shone faith and truth and prayer;
And through the changing scenes of life,
I find a haven there."
~Author Unknown

because no matter how old I get...I continue to find a haven in my mother's love!

All of the above prints are (or will be) available on my website...framed works will be available soon!

Till next time...
alicesignature

15 comments:

Janet Bernasconi said...

Hi Alice!

It was so sweet of you to stop by my blog. Your blog is truly beautiful. What amazing photography. You have good taste and are so very creative. Hope you are doing well and please stop by again soon. I will also visit you as well.
XO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

LW said...

What lovely photographs....
and a wonderful mother's day gift...
How old is your vintage dictionary? I have one and I was going to
take it apart for artwork but maybe I won’t now…

I just did a flickr collage, I used one of your beautiful photos in it... It's on my blog, if you have a little time come over and see...

Louise

Natasha Burns said...

oh your photography is amazing Alice!!! Love the gift for your Mom, how special for her, I bet she loved it and enjoyed her day with you girls

Vanessa said...

As always, beautiful photographs! I love how you added the definitions.

Leah C said...

I'm a new reader of your blog...but I just had to tell you how beautiful your photos are. Love your work! And the gift for your mother: so lovely and sweet:)

Tracie said...

Hi Alice,
Your photographs are always beautiful and I absolutely love your vignettes!

Happy weekend!
~Tracie

Counting Your Blessings said...

Sometimes, when I have a free moment, I stop by your website and browse all the amazing photography. I'm just learning (I have no idea what all those dials mean on my somewhat new, super-expensive, digital SLR but I love playing with it). And I'm really uneducated at photoshop but, I love playing with it. I need to take a course! But you, sweet friend, have the gift!! Blessings... Polly (p.s. I got an old silver spoon for you that I'm going to pop in the mail this week. No, I'm not trying to buy your affection-lol. There was only 2 in the whole box I was digging through at the flea market and who else could I share my silver obsession with?)

Bernie Berlin said...

Just found you blog..
It is beautiful!!!

Kerryanne English said...

Hi Alice,
Beautiful photos as always.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Fabulous Finds Studio said...

Your photos always look so fabulous, Alice and I love the poem :-)

Have a fabulous day!
Julie

Kathy said...

Lovely photographs!...Kathy

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Alice,
I love what you are doing with your photos! Your Moms gift is wonderful!

Love the lilacs from the festival. Looking forward to seeing more.
Hugs,
Penny

Kelly said...

Oh that first picture is very very French, what a great addition to your pictures that must be!

Love,
Kelly

vickie said...

I love your photography. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift.
Looks like it was a fantastic day.

frstyfrolk/Cyndi said...

You have a beautiful Blog, I found you through Dreamy Blues with your castle photo!

Your work is fabulous! Beautiful eye candy and feelings as Stevie Nicks appears on sound, I think I'll stay awhile nad look around.

smiles, cyndi