Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Belated Blog Anniversary

Romantic Rose
It just dawned on me today, that my blog has reached (and passed) it's one year anniversary! I cannot believe that I have been doing this blog since May 29, 2007...can you?!!! I decided to take a look back on where it all started...with my first post called "Romance is a Way of Life"...which only received two comments...and one was from me...hehe! I guess we have come a long way! I still live by the same motto, however, so some things never change! My hope is that through this past year I have helped bring a little "romance" to your life by means of this blog...and hope that I will continue to do so in even more abundance in the future.
Love Birds
I just want to say thank you to all of you who visit my little blog and care about the things that I have to say. Sometimes I wonder why I bother to do all this...does it really even matter, I find myself asking? And then I receive your warm, thoughtful and sincere comments and emails...and I am humbly reminded.
Royal Brooch
I have made so many wonderful friends here in "blogland" over the past year...and really cherish each and everyone of you! I can't picture my life without this place and all of you now! You have given me so much inspiration from your own blogs, and thoughtful words left on mine...so THANK YOU!
Beautiful White
and I pray abundant blessings to all who visit here...
In honor of this special occasion...I thought I would throw in a little giveaway as well! Anyone who leaves a comment on this post and/or my first blog post will be entered to win the teacup and saucer featured in my first post!!! Be sure to leave your email address if you don't have a blog, so that I can find you! All comments left on either blog post, from now until next Wenesday, June 11th, 2008 will be entered! Bonne chance!
alicesignature

29 comments:

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Alice, what a beautiful blog you have and I have SOOOO enjoyed getting to know you! I feel like we are kindrid spirits in alot of ways. :)))

I always find so much inspiration when I am here and am often amazed at your talents. I DO have those same thoughts as you sometimes, but somehow I can't imagine my life the same without my blog.

Happy One Year!! xoxo Heather

p.s.- there are a bunch of us girls going to Silver Bella this year (if we get tickets..hehe). You should COME!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Happy blog birthday!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Happy Blogversary! I enjoy your blog and your pretties you share very much! :)

Sheila R said...

Happy 1 year blog anniversary! I am so glad that you have touched my life through your blog, your beautiful spirit just radiates through it. Here's to many more years!

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Your blog is treat for anyone who
is lucky enough to find it!

M ^..^

Lynne Laura said...

Alice, you have a beautiful blog and such warm sentiments. I enjoy dropping by your blog often.

kindredly, Lynne Laura

Leah C said...

Happy Blog-a-versary, Alice. I so enjoy your blog...it's absolutely one of the sweetest & most romantic:) I look forward to more of our "meetings in blogland".

Tracie said...

Pensées Romantiques de Joyeux Anniversaire (Happy Birthday, Romantic Thoughts!). Is Renoir getting cake?
xo~Tracie

Jessrose21 said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary and I hope you see many more. I'm glad to have found you and your blog, especially as you're so close to home!

The Feathered Nest said...

Alice!! Happy Blogiversary, sweet friend!! Your blog is such a beautiful place to me, romantic and wonderful. Each and every photograph is amazing. I wish you many more years to come as you are such an inspiration!! Please join my giveaway as well ~ I've been posting a lot!! I'd love to win anything from you ~ xxoo, Dawn

Natasha Burns said...

Happy bloggiversary Alice! Thank YOU for the lovely inspiration you always give to US!!! xo

Kelly said...

happy anniversary on your wonderful Blog!!!
today is my birthday and I have recieved teacups/mugs that match so well with my plates from you!!!!! I posted them on my blog with another post with the plates. I just adore the plates, your blog, and all your kindness!

Blessings & Smiles~
Kelly

The Other Side of Me said...

Alice,
Thank you for your beautiful blog. I so enjoy it! Congrats on your one year. We look forward to the next!
Sincerely,
Tammy

Allysa said...

I don't leave comments very often but I check out your wonderful blog on a daily basis. Someday soon I will have my blog going where I will post daily but for now it is just occasionaly.

Thanks for making my day brighter.
Allysa

LW said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!

I always enjoy my time here and love my wonderful aqua earrings that I got
from your shop.

Wishing you a lovely year two in blog land….

Louise

a pink-bee said...

Recently found your wonderful blog ~ love it :) Happy 1 year blog birthday :)
crystal :)

Shannon said...

Alice, I just found your blog about a month ago and it is just so stunning and heartfelt. Congrats on your one year anniversary! xo Shannon

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Congrats on your blog anniversary~ it's always so pleasing to my eyes to come visit you here!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies

Lana said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your blog is beautiful ~ I love your style!

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

You have an absolutely stunning blog!! So beautiful and romantic, I love it! Here is to many more years of beautiful posts!

Hugs,
Amy

christineannette said...

Alice,

Congrats on your Anniversary. I love your blog. You inspire me!

Smiles, Christine

Melissa said...

Your blog is beautiful and I'm subscribing in my Google Reader so I'll be updated. I really enjoy all the photos you share!

Stefanie M said...

This is the first time i post a comment to tell you to keep posting i love your blog it's very peacefull. Stefanie

Shelly said...

Alice,
Today is my first visit to your blog! I enjoyed myself so very much; as it is lovely! I will be back for more inspiration! Happy anniversary, I wish you many more!
~Shelly

vintage paper bella~andrea said...

Your blog is so pretty! HAppy bloggiversary..I just started so I have aways to go!

The Rose Room said...

Happy belated anniversary Alice, such a beautiful post:) Rachael

Kari & Kijsa said...

What a beautiful blog! love your photos and your posts!! Happy blogaversary!!! Amazing!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Happy blogaversery Alice!
your blog is beautiful! and I always enjoy visiting!
so happy you started.
hugs,
Sandy

Crossroads Cottage said...

Happy Belated Blog Anniversary! ( I can't believe you've only been doing this for a year!) Yours is still one of my favorites. :-)