Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

French Inspired...

Paris 1885
My latest artistic creations have been French-inspired. The above is the latest in my line of Romantic Notions collages. It features an image that was generously shared by Dawn of The-Feathered-Nest. Dawn always has the best images to use in artwork and she is so kind to share them with us all!
Paris 1885
I added some dried pink roses, vintage sheet music, and old white buttons to this piece...
Paris 1885
The other French-inspired piece I finished recently was this "Royal Marie" altered bottle...
Marie Antoinette Bottle
Most of us cannot get enough Marie Antoinette these days...and I am no different! I have also had a penchant for all things pale blue lately, so it seems fitting that it should follow through to my art...
Marie Antoinette Bottle
This piece is embellished with lots of "royal" accoutrements and lots of bling!
Marie Antoinette Bottle
Visit the following link to purchase either of these pieces:
http://www.paintedwhite.com/category_11/Mixed-Media-Collage.htm

****************************************************

Lately, website & graphic design work has kept me quite busy!!! I have done designs for several fabulous websites that I would like to share with you...

For beautifully aged signs, as well as beautiful vintage/antique finds, visit
Aged to Perfection Designs
For unique jewelry, and to see one of my latest custom site designs visit:
The Vintage Empire
The Vintage Empire
And for gourmet foods, vintage and romantic gifts, couture and home decor, visit:
I have lots more that I have been working on these past couple of weeks and more to work on this week...will share those when they are up and running!
**********************************************************
And also...since Summer tis the season for weddings, I have just updated my Romantic Vignettes page with a fabulous "wedding themed" vignette shared by the lovely Sherry of Sherry's Rose Cottage. Be sure to stop by when you get a chance!
**********************************************************

Since tomorrow is Wednesday...it's my day off from website work, emails, and the sedentary lifestyle! Time to clean out my fridge, mop the floors and do the piles of laundry with my name all over them!

*Sigh*
Where is Mary Poppins when you need her? ;)

Till next time...
alicesignature

17 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Alice, it's just beautiful!!! I love the paper you printed it out on too! How gorgeous. I have some of the very same wallpaper! I used it on a piece of furniture on the cabinet door panels then painted it all and distressed it a bit! It turned out wonderful. I love all your artwork Alice...your taste is exquisite. I'm posting some new French images on my next post so please check in to grab them!! xxoo, Dawn

Country French Antiques said...

So talented you are! I love your romance! Beautiful work, as always.

PS. If you do run across Mary, please send her my way when your finished.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Alice, your blog is absolutely gorgeous!! I've added your to my favs. Have a great day, Theresa-garden antqs vintage

Leah C said...

Oh Alice, your creations are just beautiful:) Do something fun on your day off...don't just clean!

Tracie said...

Hi Alice~
I love your french inspired art, very beautiful!
I'm off to check out the websites you've been working on - I always love finding someplace new and beautiful.
In case, Mary Poppins does happen by your house, would you ask her to "pop" by my cottage after she's finished there?
xo~Tracie

Tracie said...

I see Shawn and I are on the same page, so to speak - that Mary Poppins is in demand, isn't she??

Brenda Kula said...

You always have so many pretty things to show us! Thank you! And you are ever so talented, my friend. Now I shall run over and see the others you linked to.
Brenda

Laume said...

I was trying to see from your blog whether you've been to Paris or not, and whether I'm just stating something you already no, but just in case, your French themed refashioned bottle is very appropriate as it reminds me of how the French reuse their old bottles to serve tap water at all the cafes. You never know what shape or size the bottle your eau d'ville will arrive in but it somehow magically stays cool throughout your meal.

Laume said...

Er, that would be "something you already KNOW" - I do know how to spell. Suhmtiimes.

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

Hey Alice! I loved visiting your blog. Love all of your stuff, the bottle I really like. I am going to add you to my favorites so I can visit more often. Have a great weekend.(I heard Stevie Nicks singing and she is my favorite female singers)

Faith

Fabulous Finds Studio said...

Wow Alice, your work just gets better and better! I just love everything (the embellishements are beautiful) and I'm sure your customers will love their new website designs!
Have a fabulous 4th of July!
Julie

LW said...

Alice,

I always enjoy stopping here...
I know I will always find something Beautiful....

Louise

La Donna Welter - Vintage Photo-Oil Artist said...

Alice,
Beautiful! Every thing you do is soooo beautiful!
That is why I had you design my blog! : )
Hugs,
La Donna

Kelly said...

Just as always your new things are fabulous!
The new graphics for the websites are gorgeous!

Love,
kelly

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello~ Your bottle is just gorgous!!!!!~


Maw~velous dawling!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

alice, this new artwork is just STUNNING!!! Love the cones you made too.... so so pretty. xo

Merci-Notes said...

Hi Alice!
I just was re-reading a comment you left on my flickr site and came over to say hello!
I love that Marie A. bottle! Beautiful work!
With kIndness,
Mary
p.s. may I place you on my "pretty places" list on my blog?