Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Adventures...

Path in the Woods
Lots of new adventures are being had by Joshua, me and Renoir this summer! We have been going on lots of "summer outings" to various parks and lakes in our area. One of my favorite, ever since I was little, is Stoneybrook Park...it has everything...waterfalls, old bridges, and paths...we took Renoir, for the first time, a few weeks back.
Stoneybrook Bridge

Stoneybrook Waterfalls

Waterfalls Swimming
We also found that Renoir loves to swim!!! He is obsessed. If we even get near water he starts whining and running as fast as he can...
Must swim...must swim...must catch fish (he hasn't yet, thankfully, but he tries!)...
Since he is still relatively "new" to the water we still keep him on the leash...but you can see how that works out (or not...lol!) in this video...

Renoir Riding
and he loves riding in the car...so long as he can put his head out the window...
Renoir Riding
Josh and I are off on an adventure of our own tomorrow...we are heading out of town to visit friends and visit Lancaster, PA. We are very excited, as we are considering moving to the area and possibly purchasing our first home! Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated on this exciting...new...and at times scary process!

My website and Etsy shops will remain open during our time away, and all items can still be purchased, however, any new orders will not be processed until next Tuesday, August 5th.


Will catch up when I return!

Till then...
alicesignature

20 comments:

Sheila R said...

It is so good to see you blogging again. What a great swimmer Renior is! Good luck on your adventures! Can't wait to hear about them.

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hi Alice,
What an angel that Renoir is and he loves to swim, that's great! I loved the video, he just wanted that stick so bad.
What an exciting time ahead of you in Lancaster, I will keep you in my prayers. Have lots of fun~
xo~Tracie

Jessica said...

Your puppy is too cute!
Won't it be fun to have your own house to decorate! And room for a garden, too.

Victorian Gourmet said...

Hi Alice,
Lancaster is such a lovely area and offers beautiful scenery, great restaurants, and antiques galore especially in near-by Adamstown. Check out Landis Valley museum. It is a lovely stroll through the past. I am just 30 minutes west of Lancaster and have an aunt, Uncle and cousins who live there. Good luck with your home search.
Cathy

Leah C said...

Renoir is so doggone cute! Happy adventures to you & Josh (& Renoir of course...hope you find what you're looking for:)

A Romantic Porch said...

Have fun Alice! xo rachel

Kimberly Shaw said...

What an awesome adventure! I can see why Stoneybrook Park is a favorite place, so scenic! It will be my pleasure to pray for you. Kimberly S

Gillian L. said...

Great photographs. I especially love that stone bridge and your wonderul dog!

Gillian

Debbie from NJ said...

Hi Alice,

Oh you will love Lancaster. We go on vacation there often. Pa is where I want to move when we retire. Hope you have a great trip!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh he is swimming! Way to go! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip when you get back and details of your home search, how exciting! you have my prayers.

kelly

christineannette said...

Hi Alice,

You look like you are finally relaxing and enjoying yourself! Good for you! If you move to Lancaster, we will be closer about 2 hrs apart. Maybe then we could plan a day of shopping! (crossing my fingers). Anyway, have fun on vacation, I know that Renoir is!
Hugs & Smiles, Christine

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Alice, what an adorable post! I can see why you love it so much, its like a slice of heaven..
I loved the video of your little posh, so cute!
Love to you, Jo-Anne

Counting Your Blessings said...

Have a sweet visit and I'll be praying with you about the possible move. Blessings... Polly

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I can't get Edward to put a toe in the water! Way to go, Renoir!
You have a lovely blog!

Kerryanne English said...

Oh that Renoir...he always steals my heart.

Happy house hunting. It is so exciting to have a home of ones own.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

beautiful pictures!
I love NY
also PA Lancaster area is beautiful hope things work out for you.
I have something for you on my blog you might want to check it out.
hugs,
Sandy

CIELO said...

Beautiful sceneries... I'm sure Renoir had so much fun! thanks for sharing your lovely moments with all of us, Alice....

Wishing you the sweetest day...

cielo

ltthings said...

Your little Renoir is soooo adorable !! Enjoyed your blog !

vickie said...

Hi, fantastic photos of Renoir and the park! I finally got my website up, come by when you can. Good luck in Lancaster, it's so pretty there.

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Loved seeing the video of Renoir. I think if he hadn't been on a leash, he'd be long gone. What a little swimmer!

oxox
Jennifer