Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Charming Lititz

The Town of Lititz
As those of you who follow my blog know, Josh and I recently went on a trip to Southern, Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago. Our goal was to visit Lancaster and see if it was an area we might want to move to. We ended up finding the most charming little town just a few minutes outside of the city. While watching the "Lancaster" channel in the hotel room (hehe...it had a lot of good info on the city and it's surroundings!), I heard about this historic town called Lititz and thought that we must go see it. It ended up only being about 5 minutes from our hotel, so on Sunday morning we drove over for a visit. It really is the kind of town you could fall in love with.
Lititz Cafe
The idyllic setting is filled with tree lined streets, quaint shops and cafes, cobblestone and brick buildings, and friendly people. Josh enjoyed a cappucino from the cafe above. Then we decided to stroll around and get a feel for the place.
Lititz Shops
Since it was Sunday, almost all of the shops were closed...but I enjoyed window shopping instead.
Lititz Shops

Lititz Shops
I also love finding small towns with gorgeous old homes. I have a penchant for anything cobblestone or painted brick. The one below being one of my favorites...

Gorgeous House in Lititz


Lititz, PA

Pretty Porch in Lititz

Cute House in Lititz

Lititz, PA
After wandering down the main road for a bit, we veared off and found the cutest little shop tucked away in a parking lot with some other antique shops nearby...
Archaeologie Store Sign
Unfortunately, Archaeologie was closed...but I certainly enjoyed peeking in the windows and enjoying the beautiful store front decor. In fact, I enjoyed it so much...that this is the current "Vignette of the Moment" on my Romantic Vignettes page. Be sure to stop by to see the rest of the photos of this specially featured store front vignette!
Archaeologie
Look at this stunning urn!
Archaeologie Urn
How I wish I could have gone inside to look at all of their vintage goodness up close...like that table! I love it! Guess for now, I will just put it on my list of "things to do" when we return!
Archaeologie
And I was excited to see the same bird cage that I have in my living room hanging in their window!
Archaeologie

I hope that you enjoyed a little stroll through Lititz with me! And if you are ever going to Southern, PA...it is a must see! And if you get to Archaeologie before I do...be sure to let me know how you like it ;).



Don't forget to check out our "End of Summer" sale going on now at the shop!



Till next time...

alicesignature

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Love that area. My friend, Pat, used to own The Lititz Inn - a B&B.
The shops!?!? Definitely a chic destination.

Tanya said...

OOoooh, I would love to go there. Beautiful!

My Petite Maison said...

What a charming town. I would love to live in a town like that within walking distance to all the wonderful shops. Think it was meant to be, just five minutes from where you were staying ;)

Vintage Tea said...

Litiz looks darling... can I join you on your next visit?

Victoria x

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

What a darling place!! Thx so much for the tour!!


M ^..^

Leah C said...

Oh what a quaint little town with all its lovely shops! Looks like a wonderful place to visit:)

lady jane said...

A couple years ago I visited this wee town and absolutely fell in love. I'd move in a heart beat if I could. So glad you enjoyed it too.

La Donna Welter said...

Oh....I would move there in a heart beat!

Becky said...

You take such lovely pictures. What type of camera do you have.
The clearity was great. You captured all the details and just left me wanting to go to Lititz.
I love the blue door. This is my new favorite color
Becky
Laceandlures.blogspot.com

miss gracies house said...

What a fun place to *discover*!! I kindof envy (in a good way:) you being young and seeking your place to land! It is fun to see such a differnet part of our country-THANKS for sharing! Now I want to go on vacation!
Have a great day,
Rene'

TattingChic said...

Wow, what an exquisite post! The photos are just lovely! Thanks for sharing them.

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

It looks beautiful! will have to make the trip myself.
smiles,
Sandy

Sherry said...

I love that whole area around Lancaster -- all of the small towns have that special feel to them and some of the homes are incredible!

My Vintage Studio said...

Seeing your photos reminded SO much of Frederick, MD! I lived there and miss the area.
Thank you for sharing your photos.
Sharon