Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Change of Heart...

As many of you know, besides creating artwork and selling home decor products, I also offer my own website and graphic design work. I have been doing this for a little over a year now, and for the most part have enjoyed it. However, the last few months, things started to change for me. I started to get run down and felt exhausted everyday. Furthermore, changes were made to one of the hosts I work with that dramatically changed how much business I was receiving. All of this on top of a few frustrating experiences, left me feeling that maybe I needed to move on and pursue other career paths.

I spent the month of August considering this, even putting up notice on my site that I would be reducing the amount of available designs and was no longer available for custom work. Some of you may have even contacted me during that time, to find that the case. It was a very difficult and dark month for me, unsure of what direction to go in.

I considered outside employment to bring in steady income, but even as I was searching for work and going on interviews, something inside of me didn't want to let go. I have a deep need to use my creativity and passion everyday. It can be seen in everything I do...my work...my home...the gifts I give to friends and family...etc.

So, after thinking on it for a bit, many lengthy discussions with my husband, and tearful prayers, I came to the decision to continue with this passion. Perhaps, I just needed a little "vacation" from it for that month to regroup and get reconnected with what I truly love...and that is being creative...and helping others pursue their own dreams of having a beautiful online shop or blog.

So all of this is to say...that I'm Back!!! And if I turned away your work during that month, I extend to you my sincerest apologies and hope that you will understand what I was going through, and that I needed to be away for a bit. However, I am currently available and ready to go with whatever design needs you may have! So email me and/or visit my website and check out my designs. I am thrilled to be back focused on what I love with a clear new perspective!

Here are some of my latest premade designs (click on the image to go to the listing page where you can see the full design/size):

'Autumn Harvest' OOAK Blog or Website Banner
'French Blue' OOAK Website or Blog Banner
I have many more website templates available on the site and am open again for custom work starting September 15th, so contact me if you are interested!

Thanks to everyone for you patience with me during my time away!

18 comments:

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

I can completely relate to what you have been going through.
Its been a ruff year for me as well for various reasons and havent worked or created the way I should but im getting better and im so glad your pulling through, you have so much talent and it would be a loss if you stopped.
smiles.
Sandy

A Romantic Porch said...

That really makes sense to me right now! Sometimes I think we do need to take a little vacation and just regroup! xo rachel

The Rose Room said...

Hi Alice, I relate also. Amazing what we hide behind our cheerful blogs! Good on you for taking the time to work through the issues you had! Rachaelxo

Leah C said...

Welcome back! So glad you found your way back to your passion...creativity:)

Crossroads Cottage said...

Welcome back! I totally hear you - although the creative process can be so totally enjoyable, it can be very exhausting and draining at the same time. Especially while under pressure to complete designs on deadlines and according to other's specifications. I do hope that your mini vacation has re-energized your creativity once again.

Sheila R said...

I am so glad that you are back! It is so encouraging to see you pursue your passion. It gives hope to other!

My Petite Maison said...

You know I am so glad you're back and listening to your inner design heart!

And everyone needs a breather once in a while to stay fresh and true to themselves (in my opinion ;)

My Vintage Studio said...

Your designs are beautiful! It's good to take a break ~ vacation and reevaluate our journey. You have a great talent and best of luck!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, I wondered about your absence; missed updates on your blog. Your blog is such a blessing, and your work is so beautiful, you would be sorely missed. Sometimes we just get too many irons in the fire, and have to take a step back and get everything in perspective. I'm so glad it's all worked out and you're back. Keep inspiring us with your beautiful art!
Hugs,
Sandra B

jenny fowler said...

i just want to wish you many blessings as you continue with this career! your work is lovely and you are very talented.

Kerryanne English said...

I think Alice us creative types all go through this at some point in our career. We just need a little breather to be able to step back, re-evaluate and re-energize.

Sounds like you have your creativity back on course. Wishing you many inspiring moments as you continue on your creative journey.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Karley said...

Hi Alice,

I Just came across you on Etsy and discovered we're in the same area. You do beautiful work!

I relate to the thought that goes into the decision about staying the course when it comes to business.

I wrestle with that every couple of months and always decide to remain in business, as it is a part of my being.

Beautiful blog by the way!

cathyb said...

Hang in there Alice - your stuff is beautiful ... so glad I found your stuff
Cathy

Beth Quinn said...

hi alice !! so glad you are sticking with it !! i completely understand - sometimes we need to just take a break from it all and vacations are always good !! i am a big fan of yours !! and just love your designs !! thinking of you !!
xo,
beth

La Donna Welter said...

I know that I am thankful for the beautiful blog that you designed for me!
Thank You,
La Donna

Sandi said...

Oh Alice ! So glad you are back at it ! You are too talented to not do what you love and share it with us! :) We are behind you 100% and rooting you on!
Blessings!
Sandi

Brandi said...

i have a question if you dont mind. i am new to blogland.. love it here. you all are GREAT! but i am so confused on how you girls change the templates on these things to you own personal backgrounds? how do i do this so i dont have to have a blogger template? thanks and good night!

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Alice,

Never apologize for taking care of yourself. All of us understand the need for that. I am so glad that you found your path back to what you love doing. Your banners are exquisite! Great luck to you!
Tammy