Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Passion Roses

Anniversary Roses
For the last few weeks, everytime I go to our local grocery store (Wegman's is much more than that though for those of you who don't have them near you!), I flock to these green roses that they have. So I was delighted when Josh came home with them on our anniversary. Aren't they beautiful! They are called "Passion" roses...
Anniversary Roses
I put most of them in this pretty vase (one of my absolute favorites!) and enjoyed photographing them...
Anniversary Roses
I also put a small grouping in one of my favorite antique creamers in the foyer...
Foyer with my roses

A little bouquet
It was a laid back anniversary this year, yet still romantic. We stayed in, and Josh made my favorite meal...chicken parmesan. We enjoyed some white wine, cuddling with Renoir, and watching Project Runway (Josh will kill me for telling you that part!) for the rest of the evening...

Thanks to all of you who sent your anniversary well wishes to us...it made us feel so special!

I have been keeping very busy lately completely redoing every room in my home and thought I would share one of my latest projects. I have become quite enamored with all things gray...and have, therefore, wanted to paint everything in various shades of it! I had this old closet door put away because I couldn't figure out what to do with it, and decided one day to paint it a darker shade of bluish gray. I was thrilled with the outcome, and now it is displayed in the living room next to my favorite old screen. I love how the colors compliment each other so well.
Painted Door
For the technique I used a dry brush and did a wash finish, being sure to leave some of the wood exposed. I wanted to give it an aged, worn look. I will share more photos of my home as it comes along.

Wishing you all a blessed week!

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Belated Anniversary - those roses are beautiful!! I love your newly painted doors - I'm also loving all things gray lately... don't know what it is!! Your house is so pretty!

Perfect Panache said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Feathered Nest said...

Happy Anniversary sweet girl!!! I wish you and your hubby many, many more!!! The roses are amazing and so very you....they are completely elegant ~ I love the grey shutters and the paint technique too!!! It's fun to change things around isn't it?? hugs to you, xxoo, Dawn

My Petite Maison said...

Alice, What beautiful roses. The antique creamers are just lovely too.

The closet door by that beautiful screen, so nice together. So, did you strip the doors first or wash right over? I'm asking because I just purchased a bench & it's pale, pale yellow... I'm hoping the answer is you painted over it ;)

Beautiful photography as usual too. Hope you offer prints in your store. So Josh is a Project Runway fan? Heidi Klum is a kick - love her other half too (just saw him in S.F. not too long ago ;) anyway, what a good sport watching the show!
xo~Tracie

TattingChic said...

What an absolutely beautiful post! I love that Martha and George Washington Porcelain vase! I used to have a set of George and Martha figurines when I was little that I had inherited from my Grandma and they are dust now!(Oops).

Leah C said...

Love the roses! And I'm drooling over the closet door...you did a great job, Alice:)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Happy Anniversary! You are blessed, and I wish you many many more happy years. Love your shutters, just beautiful. It is so great to see bits and pieces of your nest.
xo Lidy

Sandi said...

Alice,
I LOVE your roses! (I hope you offer prints of them too) I will have to look for some in that color around here. You always have gorgeous pictures!!
Blessings!
Sandi

Kerryanne English said...

What stunning roses Alice.

I for one can't wait to see your room reveals - I love your sense of style.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Couture de Papier said...

I love your inspiring blog!
Denise Nantasket Beach ,Mass.

CIELO said...

Alice, your home is so gorgeous... you're a truly romantic at heart, and I love the way you decorate and make your home so cozy, romantic; yet elegant all the same. Just love it.

Hugs

cielo

Counting Your Blessings said...

OH I love those colors... the green & cream roses AND the gray with off whites. Mmmmm.. I just want to plop into that wonderful chair!! Happy late anniversary. Ours was 10/2 - when's yours? Blessings.. Polly

Casa Mia * My House * said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the shutters and paint technique too.
Angie

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Happy Anniversary!
who would think we would love green roses but they are beautiful!!
and we have a wegmans here as well and your right its a wonderful store!
smiles,
Sandy

The Red Door said...

Your style is so beautiful! I was wondering what the paint color and brand is that you used on the closet doors? I love them! Thanks!

-Kelly