Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two Years Ago Today...

When I was in college, waiting for life and love to begin, I used to have this poem on my wall:

"I want to be like that...
Where I close my eyes and throw my head back with laughter
and step up to dance with You.
My tiny hand in Your infinite one;
My steps so clumsy compared to your grace,
the music begins and we step out onto the floor.
My grip tightens, knowing I will fall, but knowing You will guide me.
The music swells, roars in my ears...
Until I am so enraptured that I cannot look at anyone but You.
My hands and feet poised for the next step, my head up,
and a smile of love on my face,
my eyes locked with Yours...
and then, maybe then, I will not even notice when You turn to one of Your sons
and invite him to dance with me."

October 1, 2006
and He did...

October 1, 2006

Happy Anniversary My Love.
You are everything and more than I could have ever hoped and dreamed for. And even though I don't always show it, I am so grateful to God for bringing you and your amazing love into my life. Thank you for all of your support and encouragement in helping me fulfill my dreams. Thank you for believing in me even when I don't believe in myself...and for staying the course when I pull the line in all sorts of directions. I do not know what I ever did to deserve such a love as this...I only hope that I can return the same to you throughout our life together...
xoxoxo
~me

27 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Happy anniversary to a beautiful sweet couple xoxo

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Alice ~ oh my goodness ~ that made me cry !!! One of my daughters in in college right now and would love love that ~
Happy Anniversary !!
xoxo,
Lori

Vintage Tea said...

Happy Anniversary!

Victoria x

Joy Zaczyk said...

Again, Happy Anniversary! Such lovely sentiments!

Wren Cottage said...

sniff, sniff, what a gorgeous tribute to your 2nd Anniversary Alice ~~~~ Happy Anniversary to a beautiful and caring princess and her prince!!!
Hugs to you sweetie!!! May you both have a shower of blessings and love throughout all of your lives!!!
xoxoxoxo ~ Madai

mystele said...

oh my goodness, that's beautiful!!!

mystele said...

and happy anniversary!

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you!
~ Wishing you many more years of joy, happiness, and love ~

Rebecca

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Happy anniversary, Alice! Love that kiss on the dance floor! I remember our first dance and that was 18 years ago! Thanks for stopping by my shop at Very Vintage and for seeing my new/old French armoire!

Leah C said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary to you & your love...may the two of you share many years of wedded bliss together:)

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary! I love the way the little kiddos are watching you in this picture. :)

Paula said...

Dear Alice,

Happy Anniversary! That is a gorgeous photo of you and your sweetie, and the words you shared were so lovely! I am so very happy for you both!

I enjoy your gorgeous and inspiring blog so very much! I was happy to see the Country Victorian Magazine which I had not seen for sometime either. My husband found it and brought it home to me with two bags of baby pumpkins!

Have a wonderful day celebrating your anniversary! The Lord bless you both!

Blessings,
Paula

My Petite Maison said...

What a lovely poem and beautiful tribute as well. Happy Anniversary or ~*~Anniversaire Heureux~*~ to you and your hubby!

Joy @ The Vintage Rabbit said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Smiles,

Joy~

Crossroads Cottage said...

What a beautiful post. You guys are the sweetest couple. :) Happy Anniversary!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Happy Anniversary! That gorgeous photo makes me want to marry my husband all over again. Our 11th wedding anniversary will be in two weeks. Isn't October romantic.

oxox
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

awwwww! Happy, happy anniversary!!!!!

CIELO said...

Ahhhh, what PRECIOUS poem, and post in honor to true love! Happy HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Josh, my beautiful Alice! and blessings from our Father above.... my heart is singing!

Hugs

cielo

CIELO said...

Have you seen the Disney movie “Enchanted”, with Amy Adams? That’s what you remind me in that picture of your wedding. Just an enchanted princess… so lovely!

Hugs

Cielo

becky said...

happy Anniversary. Im new to blogger and new to following your blog.All the best to both of you!

Kerryanne English said...

To love is special ~ to have that love returned, even more special.
Happy Anniversary Alice - May you both be forever happy and as much in love as you are today.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

My Petite Maison said...

Just wondering... what did Renoir give you for your anniversary? ;)

Sheila R said...

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless you both.

Alys said...

Alice~Thanks so much for sharing! Love love your blog and will be back soon... xo, Alys

Sandi said...

Alice,
Happy belated Anniversary! What a gorgeous picture of you and Josh~ It is just perfect! Love the poem too. Many blessings wished for you from our Heavenly Father poured out many times over in the coming years!
Blessings!
Sandi

jenny fowler said...

so sweet is that poem... how lovely. God is so good to us. happy anniversary to you both.

Vintage Rose Collection said...

WHat a beautiful couple, Happy Anniversary!!!
Jo-Anne