Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, November 24, 2008

A Call to Help

A couple of weeks ago I was deeply moved by the story of an 11 year old boy, diagnosed with Leukemia. His name was Brenden Foster and his wish was to help feed the homeless. This selfless boy was courageous till the end. Sadly, he died last Friday, and since his story made such an impact in my own life, I wanted to share it with you.

(You can turn my music off at the bottom of the screen to watch the video)
This article tells of the impact Brenden had with his efforts to feed the homeless. It is a great reminder for all of us...especially as the Thanksgiving holiday approaches. We truly have so much to be thankful for.
"Follow your dreams. Don't let anything stop you."
~Brenden Foster, 1997-2008

10 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

What a selfless little boy/old soul. I do not watch the news a lot since there is so much bad news out there... What a good news story of this precious boy's spirit. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Yes, thank you Brendan for reminding us what the Thanksgiving spirit is about and for telling us remember to "Follow Your Dreams".

I was reminded great things from an 11 year-old boy today... wonderful.
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

In all my emotion, I forgot to add... We will help ;)

Leah C said...

What a sweet, brave boy...we should all aspire to be like Brendan.

Michelle said...

What an angel and a wonderful, wonderful reminder what Thanksgiving is really about. He is truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

cottage farm villa (aka cottagecharm) said...

There have been so many children over the years that have been selfless in their fatal illnesses. It is so hard to even comprehend, isn't it? Their strength can only come from God. A sad story about Brendan....but another angel in the heavens. Peace to you sweet boy. ~Cheryl

Kelly said...

He is an example to all of us....what an angel.

((hugs))
kelly

Vintage Rose Collection said...

This young boy is quite amazing, it brought tears to my eyes...Thank you for this beautiful tribute of kindness and compassion of Gods little angels..

I want to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving Tracie,
Jo

Vintage Rose Collection said...

sorry Alice, I called you Tracie by mistake..smiles

Sheila R said...

Thank you for sharing Bendon's story. What a wonderful, sweet, brave boy.

Sondra Behne' said...

I saw this video on TV last week and was was very proud of him. It is amazing what goes on in the heads of our little ones. More then people think could ever amagine. The are all so precious.