Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, December 15, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over...


Today, is Heather's Pretty Little Christmas party, that I had planned to participate in...however...the house is quite messy, and I haven't had even one spare moment to start cleaning it up for nice photographs of our holiday decor. So, I apologize to any of you heading this way hoping to find that here. I do promise that I will be posting photos here very soon!

Instead, I wanted to take time today...on my 27th birthday (yay!)...to reflect on how blessed I am and have been by so many friends and loved ones. It's truly remarkable to me, that even in these very hard economic times, that people would bestow upon me such beautiful gifts. I cannot say thank you enough to all of you, for how your love has filled my heart with joy!

Now, I hope you will enjoy my "Pretty Little Birthday" party while you are here with me!

First...I want to say thank you to Sandi of Wayside Treasures, for sending me a very wonderful package the other day! I was actually the first place winner in her giveaway! Like I told her, the last thing I remember winning was a coloring contest in 3rd grade...so this was a real treat!

How perfect is this gold fleur-de-lys? Love it!

And Sandi makes the most beautiful vintage-inspired tags that I have ever seen...

The little girl on this Christmas tag is too cute!
I also won a lovely set of notecards and pretty scallop tags...
As well as a brand new journal...
And because Sandi is just the sweetest ever...she also included some special birthday gifts for me...Let's just say...yummmm!
This one I waited till last to open...I just knew it would be really special...
My heart literally leapt for joy when I pulled out this adorable vintage Putz house!
Sandi had posted a blog about her collection of these, and I was admiring them so much. We were emailing about them, and I told her that I had yet to find any...now I have my first one! Maybe one day I will have a collection as lovely as hers!

Another package also arrived the same day with a sweet birthday/Christmas card from Lesley of Flatwoods Folk Art.

And these adorable "Noel" elves!
How cute are these guys? Thank you Lesley!
Prior to these packages, Polly of Counting Your Blessings, sent me a little "thank you" gift for helping her with a new project. Polly manages to bless me in so many ways with encouraging emails and packages out of the blue.

Polly, how can I ever repay you? ;)

Included in my gifts was the latest Victoria, which I was so thankful for since my subscription ended with the last issue, and I have neglected to renew yet. And how could I miss the "Winter White Magic" issue? Stunning!

There was a delicious candle...
And sweet packages...
Inside was a beautiful devotional...there a different images of sparkly brooches with each one...
And these earrings! I have already worn them out and about!
And be sure to check out this special gift from my very dear friend Tracie of My Petite Maison! How sweet is she? She sent me some other things, that I have yet to photograph...but they will be shown off soon!
And to all my blogging friends thank you! I am so blessed to have found you in this vast online community...you have all touched my life in so many ways!

My family has also been overflowing me with wonderful gifts lately...

My mother always manages to make me feel like a princess for my birthday, and I always love the surprises I receive from her, as they are usually vintage/antique items that are truly one of a kind. Like this gorgeous platter. She has had it for awhile and I alway mention how much I love it...now it's in my dining room ;)
And these beautiful old hat pins just show how even the smallest of treasures can bring joy to your heart...

A beautiful vintage cameo necklace...
That can also be worn in reverse...
A pretty white sequined box and picture frame
And a shabby oval frame with some lace trim...
She also is the one who provides me with most of the papers I use for my art...and found me more old sheet music...I can never have enough...
The dark purple one above had beautiful poems and illustrations in it, one of which I wanted to share with you here. Feel free to download this to use for your own artistic endeavors! I left this image clickable with the largest size available for you, so be sure to click on it, before downloading, to get the full size... The other night my youngest sister, Destiney (she's 5), had a ballet recital at her church. It was amazing...and she looked beautiful! Sadly, my camera battery died when I got there, so I couldn't take any photos. After it was over, my dad, my step-mother, my brothers (I have 3 who are 15, 12, and 10), and Destiney, all gave me my birthday presents...including this handmade card...
They each wrote me a sweet note and Destiney drew me several lovely pictures. Here are Mary and Baby Jesus...
And the Three Wise Men and Baby Jesus...
She also created for me the most beautiful bracelet...all on her own!
She is so talented! I will cherish this forever... Together, they also all gave me a wonderful gift...a cashmere sweater! It is so soft and comfortable...I had Josh take of photo of me wearing my new things even though I hate getting my picture taken (this is for you Dad, Jennifer, Malachi, Jaron, Ezra and Destiney!). After making Josh take about 15 or so shots (I was unhappy with them all!)...this is the one that turned out best. We realized later that you can't really see the sweater...but Renoir kept turning his head during some, and I kept closing my eyes in the others...so at least you can see some of it!
And yes...

I truly am blessed!

Thank you!

Now, I am off to enjoy the rest of my birthday!

38 comments:

TattingChic said...

Wow! Those are some lovely images! I am feeling blessed, too! :)

lorhen82 said...

Wow, I guess your cup DOES run over! I don't think I've ever gotten that many presents! Enjoy them!

Dream With the Fishes said...

A very happy birthday to you! I loved seeing all of those amazing gifts you got, Wowee! But those drawings of Baby Jesus and Mary, and Him with the 3 kings take the cake. How sweeeet!! Lots of love, today and every day. Serena Pia

My Petite Maison said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Alice!
What pretty goodies and lovely friends too. That fleur de lys is gorgeous and those earrings are two of my favorites.

Love the photo of you and sweet Renoir, it turned out so cute for your family. Beautiful cashmere sweater, bracelet and what's better than a homemade birthday card? So sweet!
Enjoy your special day - Joyeux 27 anniversaire ;)
xo~Tracie

Cali Girl said...

happy birthday!

you got some great stuff. i have that candle you got, its one of my faves!

The Feathered Nest said...

Happy Birthday sweet Alice! What wonderful treasures you've received ~ they all suit you so well! I wish you many, many more dear friend and you look just beautiful in your photograph....and of course, so does Renoir! xxoo, Dawn

Joy Zaczyk said...

Happy Birthday Alice!! You have such a lovely spirit which can be felt through these internet lines - all the way to Canada even! You deserve every happiness! :)

Your blog just looks lovely btw - very soothing and calm and your photographs are always amazing.

Have a wonderful day!

Joy
xo

LW said...

A very Happy Birthday to you!!!

What a Lovely sweet post…

Louise

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alice! Hope you have a very blessed day, as I know you already have from seeing all of your beautiful treasures!! Of course, the true treasures are the friends!
wishing you many more,
Hugs,
Sandra Blanks

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Happy Birthday Alice ~~ I hope you have a wonderful day today ~
I found out it was your birthday over at Make Mine Pink ~
You got some beautiful gifts that definitely looks so you :o)
xoxo,
Lori

Sandi said...

Happy Birthday Alice!! I think you should be a professional photographer...Your pictures always look amazing!
Blessings!
Sandi

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Happy Birthday!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Alice! I don't like getting my picture taken, either, but you look beautiful. What pretty presents you received! I love the cameo necklace.

Michelle (Shell) May said...

Happy birthday Alice! Girlfriend you scored with all those fabulous gifts. Just lovely.
I love your blog and even have you listed on my blog roll.
Merry Christmas and bunny kisses,
shell

dollybelle said...

Beautiful little goodies! Very pretty blog too!
xoxo
Dollybelle

TattingChic said...

Oh my, where are my manners? I completely forgot to wish you a happy birthday!
Happy Birthday!!!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

Crossroads Cottage said...

Happy Birthday, Alice! What lovelies you've received. And you and Renoir are looking very pretty and handsome. (I have the same problem with photos - I always seem to shut my eyes - I'm embarrassed to say that Roger had to photo shop in open eyes for me in our Christmas photo this year as in all of the shots my eyes were shut!)

Fete et Fleur said...

Happy Birthday!

Nancy

Miss Sandy said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you have a lot of Christmas joy all wrapped up in your wonderful Birthday gifts. Have a Merry Christmas!

Kasey said...

lovely! I love the pins falling out of the cup.

Leah C said...

Have a very merry birthday, Alice!

christineannette said...

Happy Happy Birthday Alice,
You deserve the best!
I love all your goodies you got.
I am blessed by being your friend.
Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs & Smiles, Christine

Janine said...

27 years ago I was crying like a baby with joy because I had my first baby and she turned out to be perfect always!!! I love you honey, hope you have a great birthday!!!

LOVE
MOM

Lolly said...

What a fantastic blog. Your images are just scrumptious!

Happy Birthday!

~Lolly

Kathy said...

Your post is so full of beautiful things!

Wanted to wish you a happy happy birthday and a wonderful holiday season.

Kathy

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

WOW!!! so many pretty gifts Alice.... happy happy birthday to you! I LOVE that platter from your Mom, so so gorgeous.

Thanks so much for joining in the party and have a very Merry Christmas!! xo Heather

Marilee said...

What a wonderful birthday and how sweet of you to share it...it's a very Pretty Party!

Sheila R said...

Happy Birthday! What wonderful goodies. I didn't realize our birthdays were so close... mine was yesterday but just a "few" years older... haha

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Alice!

You got great presents! Thanks for posting them.

God Bless You,
Andrea

Kathleen Ellis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
You are blessed to have so many special people in your life! Just as they have blessed you...you have blessed us!
Enjoy!

TinyBear said...

Happy Birthday. Wonderful photos and wonderful presents. Thanks for sharing.
Love your blog.
Tina

flatwoodsfolkart said...

Alice,
I stopped by yesterday and began a post here then the boss called me into his office and well that was all she wrote. :) I am so glad you are enjoying the little elves!! You received some very lovely gifts, they are all too divine for words!!! I truly hope you enjoyed your birthday and that you celebrated to your heart's content!!!!!
xo,
Lesley

jessica Enig said...

So lovely! Your photos are beautiful!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Happy Birthday, and thank you for sharing the lovely photos!
:)
Merry Christmas!!
~Becca~

Kerryanne English said...

Wow...so many special gifts Alice. Hope you have had a wonderful birthday clebrration.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Jeanne said...

Alice,
Just popping in after you paid a visit to my blog. It was fun to look at your birthday treasures - thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful site here - really gorgeous!
xo
jeanne

Counting Your Blessings said...

You're so darling! 27... How can you be so well balanced when you're still that young?! I'm turning 40 this year -yikes- and I think you're so much more peaceful and level headed than I feel =) Your relationship with Christ is beautiful to watch.

And you didn't need to mention me at all but you're sweet. I hope you had a lovely, lovely birthday. Another year of blessings.. Polly

Blondie's Journal said...

You are one lucky girl. Savor this birthday and all the lovely gifts from the people that truly love you.
With love and best wishes on your birthday,
Jane