Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...Oh Christmas Tree...

Our Tree 2008
How lovely are your branches! And this year's tree branches are decorated in pearl garland and lots of gold, silver and ivory ornaments! For a touch of Old World charm, I added vintage hand written Christmas postcards and antique cabinet cards of children and babies. Our little tree was bound at the bottom in a burlap sack (makes watering it an interesting time!), and propped up on an old trunk and suitcase.
Our Tree 2008

Our Tree 2008

Our Tree 2008

Our Tree 2008

Our Tree 2008
A few vintage glittery gold ornaments can be found around too!
Glitter Angel
Nestled at the top of our tree is our resident bird, whom we have affectionately named "Noelle." She has created a warm and cozy home for herself and watches over our tree by day and night. Above Noelle, a handmade "Peace on Earth" ornament reigns.
Peace on Earth

Noelle Our Christmas Bird
Beside our tree, you will find another old suitcase, a wooden child's chair, and a basket filled with vintage lace and trim...an old silver Teddy Bear bank has found a cozy place to rest here...
Treasures by the Tree

Treasures by the Tree
And beside our tree...our little cast iron Rabbit has perched...
Cast Iron Rabbit
And guess who is tired after all of that decorating? Me, no. I'm off to do more!
But...as for Renoir...that's another story!
Renoir Resting
A special package arrived the other day...a special order from Madai of Wren Cottage. While I am keeping secret, until my next Vignette of the Moment, what was lovingly tucked inside...I had to share the charming wrapping...
Gifts from Wren Cottage
Do you believe? ;)
Gifts from Wren Cottage
I hope you have enjoyed the view of Christmas in my little world.
Till next time...

20 comments:

Jackie said...

It's all so sweet and lovely!!I love your tree!

Crossroads Cottage said...

I'm loving your tree placed on the vintage suitcases. (And I can see how watering can be an issue - yikes!) And, Noelle is just too sweet!

Julie said...

Your tree is so charming. I especially love Noelle perched below your handcrafted tree topper.

TattingChic said...

Your tree is beautiful! Simply lovely!

Jacque said...

Your tree is just lovely, I especially enjoyed the music playing and the bird watching over your tree is very charming, thanks for sharing it with us!

Leah C said...

I just love your tree! But maybe I'm biased...I've been decorating one of our trees with white & gold ornaments for years now:) Just wish I had thought of using postcards and vintage suitcases!

Kelly said...

This tree is gorgeous!!!! I absolutely adore it! I love Noelle at the top and how the tree is propped up on the vintage suitcases!

Hugs~!
Kelly

Cottage Flair said...

Your tree is really beautiful. I love the idea of old postcards. I get your newletter and decided to stop by your blog. Very pretty.
Jennifer
www.cottageflair.com

cottage farm villa (aka cottagecharm) said...

Oh Alice, this is just beautiful! I, so, love a smaller tree lifted up. It seems even more special ! Your taste is magnificent. I love the photo and looking out the window. What a treat it was to visit you today. Merry Christmas! ~Cheryl

Diana said...

Oh, how I LOVE your sweet tree, Alice. It is so romantic and nostalgic...love the suitcase. Good to read that you are taking time to enjoy the holidays with your family. Wishing you a blessed holiday season.
Diana

LW said...

What a beautiful tree, I love the colors and I really like the addition of the photos..
I also love the new look of your blog…it’s lovely…

Louise

Counting Your Blessings said...

I love how you have tucked the postcards in there! It's all gorgeous. Blessings... Polly

Pearl - aStorybookLife said...

Alice - I love your beautiful tree! What great little treasures ;)
Pearl

flatwoodsfolkart said...

Alice! This tree is spectacular!!! Now, I know what to do with those old suitcases of mine next year. :)

Lesley

flatwoodsfolkart said...

Alice! This tree is spectacular!!! Now, I know what to do with those old suitcases of mine next year. :)

Lesley

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I just love it all, so beautiful... but have to say, Renoir takes the cake with those beautiful eyes. It must have taken some patience waiting all that time while you were decorating. Think I'm going to put my little pooch through that same treatment tonight, he'll be so bored with it five minutes into decorating.

It looks beautiful, Alice from the top of the tree down to the vintage just right worn chest.
xo~Tracie

Blondie's Journal said...

Not only is your tree beautiful but in the first photo I had to take in all your decorating in that space. Can't wait until I have more time to look at more of your blog.
Merry Christmas!
Janet

Blondie's Journal said...

Not only is your tree beautiful but in the first photo I had to take in all your decorating in that space. Can't wait until I have more time to look at more of your blog.
Merry Christmas!
Janet

Kim said...

I love your tree - I've wanted to do that for years , lol. It's lovely and your ornaments and arrangement are perfect!

Joy @The Vintage Rabbit said...

I love everything Alice!!! Your house needs to be in a magazine!!!

Merry Christmas!

smiles, Joy~